Thursday, July 1, 2010

premieres

We had a busy few days with Amanda, Victoria and our new friend, Craig. First we went to the Twilight movie Eclipse midnight premiere. I found out the day of that Craig had two tickets for John and I to go see it with him and his friends. Amanda and I went to the mall that afternoon, and I wanted to find a really cheap, cheesy Twilight t-shirt to wear to the show. So we went down to Hot Topic to see what they had. And, with unusual luck, they had New Moon t-shirts on sale for $5! We were stoked. I got one that had Edward and Bella kissing with the quote "Why are you so willing to give up your soul?" and Amanda got one that said, "It made no sense for you to love me. I knew that." I also got an Edward shirt for John to wear. They are so gross! But we were excited. We got them as a joke.




The movie itself was actually okay. It was much better than the first two for sure! It was just an angsty, teen romance movie. Everything I expected and a perfect movie for the right mood.

The next day, I prepared to make a cake for Victoria for her 20th birthday. She wanted an America theme, so I designed a red, white, and blue cake with fireworks exploding out the middle. After the second try because the first two layers stuck to the pans (and panic and tears, a quick trip to the store), it came together beautifully. Victoria loved it!






We played a game of Loaded Questions with a bunch of Victoria's friends, had some pizza, and got dressed and ready to go to The Last Airbender midnight premiere! Two in a row. I think we're crazy, but it was so fun! This time, we dressed up like characters from the cartoon TV show. Don't be fooled. This TV show is one of my all-time favorites, and is absolutely amazing! (Avatar: The Last Airbender on Nickelodeon). John had been working for a few days to make his Zuko costume, and Amanda was amazing and volunteered to work on my Katara dress while I was making Victoria's birthday cake. It turned out better than I had ever thought it would! Amanda was the Cabbage Man, Victoria was Zuko's evil sister, Azula, and Craig was the Avatar, Aang.

John and I with Apa!

Amanda the Cabbage Man, Craig as Aang, Victoria is Azula, John as Zuko, and me as Katara.

The Cabbage Man

The Avatar Aang

Princess Azula

Prince Zuko

Katara



Don't we all look legit?

I liked the movie overall, but it is nothing compared to the TV show. The script was pretty bad, and there wasn't any emotional ties to the characters, but the effects were really good, and the story was told really well. It made me want to watch the cartoon again!

I'm really, super tired, the house is a mess, and I have stained fingers from the frosting coloring, but I had a blast!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look awesome! How fun!

Starla said...

That cake rocks!!! Great job! :D

Starla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.