I love watching BYU football. It all started when I had seats with my big brother Tyler when I was a freshman, so we'd go to all the home games together. I treasured those weekends with him (and random guests that would join us when we could squeeze them in) and loved having set dates to see him, since our schedules were so busy with school. Sometimes Drew and Christina would join in, and those were the best games- having all my siblings with me. I think that's why I enjoy the sport so much. To me, it's more than just the game- it's the time that I spend with people who are watching with me.
This year, John and I did not buy passes to the games. When on a budget, things like that are the first to go. I was very sad to have to skip the home games for the first time in five years. Like I said, games are a nostalgic, bonding thing for me. So imagine my excitement when John and I were gifted two amazing tickets to the homecoming game! It came at a perfect time, too. With John singing in Homecoming Spectacular, I hadn't seen him all week. So I was looking forward to our big date night at the game.
Our tickets came with a wonderful BYU-catered dinner before the game started. We got there plenty early so we would have a lot of time to pig-out. BYU played San Jose State, so the dinner was Southwestern theme in honor of the opposing team. We had enchiladas, build your own nachos, and lots of rice and beans. There were also carved meats and lots of deserts to pick, as well as a chocolate fountain.
After our great meal we got our seats to watch the game. It wasn't too stressful (which can be fun, but like I said, stressful!) We kept a lead the whole time. But there were some great plays that got us up out of our seats. At half-time we traveled the stadium to find Jake, Beth, and other friends and say hello and get some pictures.
It was just such a great date, and I'm so grateful that we were able to go to one game this year! Since this will (most likely) be our last year in Provo, it was great to peace out of the football scene with this game.
1 comment:
Glad you had such a great time. It's even better when they WIN! :)
Post a Comment