Wednesday, February 29, 2012

back from a short repose

Recently I've been feeling much more private about life. I took a short break from all social media sites and obviously haven't blogged at all. Part of the reason for that is because Blogger forced me to switch to some new, confusing layout that I don't like, and I haven't wanted to learn it. I've actually been thinking about quitting the blogging thing altogether. After my epiphany about privacy, I haven't wanted to plaster my life all over the internet. Like Elliott Gould said in Contagion, "Blogging isn't writing. It's graffiti with punctuation." Nah, I don't actually believe that. I just felt like that quote deserved a hearty chuckle when I heard him say it. However, I have found that I enjoy looking back at the digital scrapbook of my life and family, so I will continue.

And with that, I'll begin.

John and I had a lovely Valentine's Day. We went to P.F. Chang's the Friday before and had a great dinner together. We then came home and watched Sense and Sensibility (1995). On actual Valentine's Day, John came home with a bouquet of red roses for me, and I gave him a card and a pair of Star Wars cuff links. We enjoyed a lovely, and cheap Valentine's Day, thanks to some poor merchant in China who made the cuff links, to Amanda for the P.F. Chang's gift card, and to Costco for their cheap floral department.

Last week, John, Jacob and I took a trip to Boise for a very short weekend. It was fun to see the family and to just take a break from Provo. It's always nice to get out of the house for a while, even if I did miss Suki. We enjoyed a great Indian dinner at a restaurant I hadn't been to before, and John got to bring his new toy home. Some Russian rifle thingy, a Nagant something or other. He has already put a lot of time into cleaning it up and can't wait to shoot it.

On Tuesday I am going to see a new doctor with hopes that she will help me more. The birth control I took did not put me back on a normal cycle, so it looks like I will be headed toward the next step of taking Clomid. Here's to hoping that all works out!

Lastly, I will leave you with a few Google Searches from Work again.

januwary

2012 calender

nar wall

prezened

1 comment:

Jules said...

The new layout IS confusing! It reminds me a lot of the new gmail layout, which I also dislike. Harumph, I say!