I've been lacking when it comes to blogging lately. But I'll do some updates from the last few months since John has reminded me a few times. However, I have been keeping up at my other blog, and just posted some hopefully happy news.
About a month ago, John, my mom, and I went to Disneyland for three days. It was fabulous! We got hopper passes and were able to go to both parks. The first two days we were there, Tom Hanks was filming his new movie with Emma Thompson, Saving Mr. Banks. It's about Disney's struggle to retain the rights to make Mary Poppins into a film. It was really neat being able to see all of the extras on their way to the set dressed up in 50s outfits. However, Fantasyland was closed for a whole day, so that was a bummer. Mostly because all of the children had to swarm other areas of the park instead of sticking around Fantasyland. But we just spent most of the day in California Adventure, so it worked out.
We loved the new Star Tours ride! Now, the adventure that you go on changes every time you ride. There are multiple places where you can fly, and the computer picks two every time you go on the ride. There is also a part where the ride picks a Rebel Spy by taking a picture of someone in the ride with you. John got picked to be the Rebel Spy once, and our mission was to race through and get him to the rebel base safely and avoid the Empire. It's also 3D now, but I could have done without that just fine. I'm not the biggest fan of 3D.
Overall, the trip was fantastic. The only damper was when I got the flu at lunchtime on our last day and threw up in the bathroom (I made it to a toilet. It's possibly my biggest accomplishment of my life) by the King Trident's Carousel in California Adventure. We still stayed a few more hours because I would have felt incredibly guilty cutting the trip short for the others, so I almost threw up again outside of the Tiki Room. Luckily, I didn't have to force a poor employee to clean it up. We did leave a little early, but it really was as much as I could take.
1 comment:
Sounds like a (mostly) fun trip! I CANNOT believe that John was the rebel spy! That's the new goal of my life! At least the new Disneyland goal. And John was picked on his first visit since its opening! Luckyyyy. I shall look at your pictures! But you should have posted at least a couple to your blog! They are fun. And yes, I always seem to feel a bit queasy at that very toilet location... I think it's because it's right next to California Screamin'. Ulp.
Post a Comment