Monday, November 2, 2009

trick-or-treat!/let's play "good news, bad news."

I had so much fun on Halloween! John and I dressed up as Han Solo and Princess Leia. If I can say so myself, we had pretty rockin' costumes! I ordered mine online, and it came with the dress and belt. Then I wore high white socks and white flats (the boots didn't quite work out... we bought green ones and tried to spray paint them white. Well, we also sprayed the zipper shut and I couldn't get my foot in!). Since I'm brunette now, I just twirled my own hair up in two side buns. Then we spray painted a Star Wars blaster we bought at Target, and I had a full Princess getup!

For John's, we bought black canvas, and I sewed a vest for him. He also found the perfect pants at DI, and we attached a red ribbon down both legs. Then, we altered a white turtle neck to make a V neck, and dyed it with Postum. We had a lot of fun making these.


*************************

Bad news: I had a really bad cough yesterday, and mucus... well, I won't get into that. Only old people talk about their ailments in detail to everyone that will listen. So I didn't go to church. Then I went to Spanish this morning, and felt way worse. So I took a trip to the Urgent Care. And I found out that I have Bronchitis! No wonder I couldn't stop coughing!

Good news: The doctor wrote me a note for work getting me off for the rest of the week, so I have written proof that I am sick. I feel better about not going in now.

Bad news: I'm not contagious! Dang it. The best part about being sick is spreading the fun to other people!

Good news: It's not Swine Flu!!!

Bad news: My cough is going to last for at least 3 weeks.

Good news: The coolest part about Bronchitis is that it sounds like a dinosaur name. Rawr!!!

Bad news: John has a concert tomorrow, and I'll be quite a distraction coughing every 10 seconds. But I refuse to miss it.

Good news: I'm getting quite the ab workout. I'll have a six pack by the time I'm done with this.


Quote of the Day:

John: "I love my mom."
Me: "I love my mom, too. Except when she gives me stupid advice like pouring water up my nose."

3 comments:

Amanda said...

:( no sick

-Sydney- said...

I assumed John's costume was store-bought too. Way to go on the alterations! Especially all the spray painting :) Sorry you're feeling sick; bronchitis is the pits and it hangs around too long. Did your mom tell you to use a neti pot (was that the water up the nose comment?) Because I have one and I swear by it. They're great for getting all the congestion out.

Starla said...

Awwww! You love your mom and she loves you two too! :D FYI, Dad also prescribes nasal washes, but he has a recipe to make saline, so the wash doesn't sting your nose so much.
Hope you are feeling better, Allie!
Love you!
PS: The costumes rocked!! :D