- I am just tired of working fast food after a year.
- I have crappy pay.
- I feel that many (Not all. Many are awesome) of the student managers (SMs) think they have more power than they do...
- ...and I often feel like they think I'm stupid, or that I can't do my job.
- I didn't get the pay raises I was promised when I was hired.
- I work around a lot of incompetent people. I wish they would use common sense or learn what I try to teach them.
- Holley still scares me.
- I don't like smelling like food/grease all day after work.
- Hat hair
- Rubber gloves... ew.
- "Hi, what can I get for you? What kind of rice would you like with your chicken? That'll be $5.91. Would you like your reciept? What name can I call? Have a good day." 150+ times every day.
Shh! Some Cougareat secrets...
- That point system... the ones that act like demerits... mean almost nothing.
- It's pretty impossible to get fired. Until you get like 9 permanent points/27 points/54 warnings...
- No one notices if you're late to work. Well, unless it's by like, an hour or something. Or if you're supposed to be the first one at the store. But if you work with a large crew of people, no one notices you're not there a little late. (Side note: I never was consistently late. This is just an observed fact.)
- Spanish is the number one language spoken in the kitchen for Teriyaki Stix. Good luck in back if you don't speak Spanish. Last year there were three employees that didn't speak Spanish.
Unfortunately, if one day I need to return, I'm not turning in my two week's notice. I'm not quitting. I'm just taking the semester off. I'll still be on the roles, but won't have a shift. There are things I liked about working there. I just am happy to leave for now. I need a break!
5 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, the cashiers at all the other places around campus aren't too competent, either.
So these incompetent workers are actual BYU students who had to have decent grades and SAT scores to get in-- or are some workers Special Eddies too? I hope the latter.
It's always smart to leave on good terms. You might need to return later. "Never burn your bridges" applies here! Glad you can have a bit of a break!
The special eddies work in the dish room and are really good at their jobs. I wish some of the T-stix employees were more like them sometimes.
haha there are so many more secrets... and reasons to complain, i'm surprised this is so short!
Post a Comment