Saturday, June 26, 2010

azula







Obi-Wan Kenobi has a girlfriend. We got her from a boy who had posted her on KSL. Poor thing was in a basement and never got out of her cage! We decided to name her Azula and call her ZuZu. Obi really likes her, and she shows signs of liking him, too, but they end up fighting when next to each other. He puffs up his beard, turns it black, and bobs his head to try and attract her, but she turns him down. And even though she was waving her harm in a circle (to show submission, or friendship), she still attacks him when they get close. I just don't understand! John and I think that it might be because ZuZu is bigger than Obi. We'll just have to see.

Today, I gave them a bath together (which, surprisingly, they didn't mind), and took them outside to bask in the sun where I captured this video of them "flirting."

2 comments:

Likeursoperfect said...

If she finally gives in, and you have little baby lizards, I'll gladly take one off your hands. =)

Allie said...

Deal! We might breed them if they'll take to each other. I don't know. We'll have to research it more. I know I need an incubator and I don't know how big or how much those are.