There's an update on the other blog about our recent heartache.
John and I have been doing a lot of substitute teaching over the last month. He definitely enjoys subbing at the high school more than teaching the younger kids. I get intimidated when teaching the older kids. I relate to them well and enjoy being around them, but get really nervous when I have to teach the material. It's usually stuff I don't know but have to pretend to know. As soon as I stumble or say something stupid or wrong, I start to lose them and the rest of the class period starts leaving my control. But, I discovered that kids of all ages love stickers, so those usually put me back in their favor. Thank goodness for the dollar store and their amazing supply of cheap stickers. And, throwing in a meme reference to the high schoolers never goes amiss, either.
But, we usually get calls for the elementary school. I haven't taught the older elementary kids yet, but did teach preschool and kindergarten. Those classes are more like wrangling cats than actually teaching, but it's still fun. And very tiring!
John and I are looking forward to taking a day off and going up to Reno for an evening together. We'll stay at one of the casinos, get a dinner buffet, and maybe go see a movie. It'll be great to have a long date night together! We haven't had one for so long because we haven't had income since I left The Journey. It's so nice and comforting to see paychecks being deposited into my account again!
We have also started looking into dates for Disneyland. We're thinking end of October or beginning of November. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment