Monday, September 28, 2009

score

I know I haven't posted in a long time. I've been more than busy. I've been crazily trying to do so much lately!

John and I got some more furniture this weekend (yahoo! Thanks mom- and dad-in-law!) We got a nice wooden desk for the living room, a filing cabinet, a little cupboard/desk thingy, and some storage shelves. I love the desk! It is very badly needed. We put some of the shelves in the kitchen to use for food storage, pans, pots, etc. And, since we don't have a lot of counter space, we use the top for a prep area. We're putting the cabinet in the bathroom, since we only have two drawers and one cupboard in there.

It was so fun seeing my in-laws this weekend. Mom, Dad, and Beth came up to visit us, bring us the furniture and the rest of our wedding gifts, and go to the football game. I was so excited to go to the game! It was the only home game this season I will be going to. BYU played CSU. We won pretty easily, but it was still fun to watch.

And John and I had a nice surprise!!! I was surfing on Craigslist (oh, how I love Craigslist) and was searching through the electronics. When, lo and behold, I spied a perfect condition working 30" TV for only $75! We already had a TV, but it was only like 18", and the sound is pretty bad. The screen was too small to watch movies. So we called the guy, and he still had it! So we went and picked it up. I was very excited, seeing as new 30" TVs are around $500. Of course, this isn't a flat screen like those ones, but it's perfect. It fits in our entertainment center perfectly.

Well, work has been fun. Weird, huh? After switiching the whole menu, how we cook things, the line, everything, we switched it back to the old way late last week. People were complaining that their favorite items were gone, and Teriyaki Stix was losing a lot in sales. So, since everything is determined by income, the owner decided to switch it back. It's a lot easier for everyone. I work with John at the same time, and the other girls I work with are really fun. We all have a good time.

I wrote a poem about Teriyaki Stix last Friday when it was a slow time and no one was ordering. Then I read it to the owner who was there helping us out, and he loved it. He wanted his own copy, and he's going to send it to all the owners of TS! I told him that he really didn't have to (no, really, I didn't really want him to), but he loved it so much he insisted. So, maybe this'll get me a promotion, no? He likes me a lot, too. He says he's impressed with how I am with customers. Score!


Quote of the Day:

While eating Transformers fruit snacks.
Me: "It's a Decepticon! Ahh!!!"
John: "Are you eating another package?"
Me: "...and?"

3 comments:

johnyjep said...

Rick (The t-stix owner) found out I was married he game me a big thumbs up and said "Way to go!" :)

Starla said...

We had fun seeing you both this past weekend, too! Thanks for the yummy lunch...what is the name of that teriyoki sauce (I totally don't know how to spell "teriyoki"!!) Happy to hear about your TV...do you get any actual stations on it, or is it your movie TV? Love you!

Anonymous said...

So, if your poem gets published you do get royalties, right?