Monday, September 7, 2009

fall

And so begins a new semester.

Well, a short update...

John and I moved into our new place! It's bigger, brighter, and better than the old, stinky basement we lived in. We're almost all unpacked! The living room is finished (minus our couch which we're getting today, and hanging all our pictures), and the kitchen is all done. We just have to unpack our bedroom... Which will take forever. We have two dressers, but all our clothes are still in bags and suitcases. We've been a little busy with school this last week.

I'm taking Spanish 1, British Literary History, American Literary History, Music Civilization 1, and New Testament. I like my New Testament class, and my music class. The professor of the latter is so funny! He makes class way fun. And the first one is wonderful. I love going and learning about Christ's ministry and reading the gospels. I've already learned a lot.

The others... well, I like Spanish, but I don't exactly understand everything that my professor is saying all the time. He teaches in Spanish. But I get it enough. And my lit classes are boring because my professors are boring, and my classes are filled with Look-At-Me-I'm-So-Brainy show-offs that talk in class and use big words I don't know. But hopefully it'll get better!

Quotes of the Day:

Amanda: "What kind of meat is pepperoni?"
Me: "A conglomeration of... crap... and every meat imaginable."
Amanda: "I can live with that."

and

Me: "I was disappointed with this movie."
John: "What are you talking about? He flew around in an iron suit and blew up crap!"
Me: "Well, he didn't blow up enough crap."
John: "I never expected to hear you say that."




No comments: