BYU Men's Chorus has one more concert left this semester. I've been to all the them so far, mainly to watch John, but I've loved every moment of them. I also have been continuing to go to almost every rehearsal. Those boys are just so amazing! I've talked to Sister Hall a few times and she thinks it's so cute that I go to support my husband at rehearsal every day, and said I'm the number one fan.
However, the last performance is at the MTC for the Christmas devotional this coming Sunday. I've known all semester that I wouldn't be allowed to go. Sister Hall, the conductor who is the sweetest and funniest lady ever, announces every year (in a British accent), "We're going to the MTC and it's for the elders and sisters. So, gentlemen, no girls! You may not bring anyone with you."
I was really sad that I couldn't go, especially since I've been hearing the choir rehearse all of their Christmas songs, and want to hear them in performance. So I spontaneously and boldly went up to talk to Sister Hall today.
"Um, Sister Hall..."
"Yes?"
"So, for Sunday, I was thinking that you'll need someone to go and check the guys' uniforms, and sew on buttons? Um, can I do that?"
Sister Hall's very loud laughter. "Yes!"
"Wait, so I can go?!"
"Yes, of course you can."
"Really!!!"
"So, will you bring your own sewing kit?"
"Of course! I can do that!"
"Oh good, then I won't have to."
When I went up to John right after, I smiled and said, "I guess I get to go with you on Sunday."
His response, "I can't believe you conned your way into our Christmas concert! That's awesome!" I may be the first girl to go to a "no girls allowed" Men's Chorus event. Now I get to find out about all their secret, cult-like, men only rituals...
I have a very smug smile on right now.
1 comment:
Wow. You are the very first -- How thrilling! I am proud of you!
Post a Comment