Saturday, August 28, 2010

job

I applied for a job this last week, and I had an interview! It's with Backstage Library Works, a company here in Provo that converts library's catalogs to computerized versions. They send copies of information to BSLW, and they type it into a computerized catalog. I took a test this last week as my application (and I didn't feel like I did very well at all) but the next day they called me and asked for an interview! The test had a few parts. First was spelling, where they have a sentence with a blank, give you the first three letters of the word that goes in the blank, and you have to fill it in and spell the word correctly.
I am __________ for my actions. (acc)

Next was a grammar/proofreading section. Super easy, no prob.

Then some general knowledge. And by general, they meant geography questions.
Nova Scotia (a)city (b)state (c)country (d)none of these

Ann Arbor (a)England (b)US (c)Australia (d)Canada

It really brought me back to my middle school geography class, and helped me know that I don't remember anything from it.

One part was simple. We had to say if a person was real or fictional. I wish there had been more of those, because I knew them better than the geography ones.

I also took a typing test, to see how many words per minute I can type and with what accuracy. They were looking for 45 WPM with 98% accuracy, and I scored 83 WPM with 98.3% accuracy.

Regardless of my score they still interviewed me, and I was really excited. It went well, and I even had a chance to do some of the work that I would actually be doing. I think they wanted to see how quickly I could learn. It was more complicated than I expected, but not hard. I think I would enjoy it.

I really, really, really hope that I get this job!

1 comment:

Sean and Jennie said...

Good luck! I have my fingers crossed for you:)