Wednesday, August 4, 2010

suki

I went to Animal Ark in Orem with Wistie one day because we wanted to pet the bunnies that they have out front, and we saw a litter of kittens for sale. I wanted to pet them, too, because I love cats. I picked up a Siamese kitten, and Wistie picked an orange kitten. Mine was kind of nervous, and didn't like being held much. But the kitten Wistie had picked was purring louder than any cat I've heard before, and being adorable. I knew I had to have her! I asked the inlaws if I could have a cat in the condo, and after getting a yes, went back to the store right when it opened the next day before someone else could snatch her up!

We thought about names for a long time. For a while I wanted a cat and name it Momo, but it didn't fit her. So we considered Independence with the nick name Indie, but I couldn't ever remember it. So we finally decided to name her Suki.

She is adorable, and loves to play! I love that she sleeps on my pillow at night wrapped around my head. She is so snuggly, and such a good kitty.

No comments: