Wednesday, October 27, 2010

muddy

One day this last week Suki ran outside around 8:00 when John and I were returning home from doing something. A few hours later she still hadn't come home. John and I both went out with a flashlight for a while looking for her. It had just rained that day, so everything was wet and muddy.

I started getting really nervous that she got stuck somewhere, or got hit by a car or something, so I kept going out on the balcony calling for her. She always comes when I call for her. Well, around 11:00 I hear a small cry outside the door. I opened it, and there she was! And she was covered in mud.

We have no idea where she was or what she did to cake herself in mud, but I was just glad she came home. It was starting to get really cold out and I don't think she would have survived the night soaking wet if she had stayed outside.



We threw her in a bath (she didn't like it) and shampooed her up (she didn't really mind that) until she was all clean again. She was shivering after her bath, so I turned the oven on warm, left the door open, and put a towel on it so she could sit next to the heat. She must have been cold all night because she curled up under the covers next to me while she slept! Now that was cute.

No comments: