Saturday, November 5, 2011

i'm famous!

I'm just too excited about this!

Geeksaresexy.net is one of my favorite websites that I frequent. It's a site that posts the most recent and cutting-edge technology, science and social news, as well as silly videos, pictures, and jokes. It's such a fun place to explore. I must warn you, be prepared to spend a lot of time on it. I admit that sometimes I completely skip some stories (ones about video games I've never heard of, or ones that use a lot of big sciencey words...) but I always learn something new every time I go on it. Like today, I learned about the chemistry behind making hard candy, about a new technology that can change the color of eyes from brown to blue permanently, the largest Reese's Peanut Butter Cup for sale, and that Amazon is now doing an ebook lending program for (Amazon Prime) kindle users! I am very excited to have an online library to use now!

So on Halloween, they asked readers to submit photos of their costumes. The staff would then go through, pick their favorites, and feature them on the website in a gallery. I just had to submit a photo. I just didn't now if I wanted to give them a picture of this year's Aragorn and Arwen, or 2009's Han and Leia. John did an awesome photoshop job with our Star Wars costume picture, so I decided to send that one.

I went back just now to cruise the site and see the new updates, and remembered that I emailed the picture. I didn't really think they would pick our picture to feature, but they did! I was so excited!


They said they had a huge response of over 250 pictures. So I was flattered they picked ours with a few others.

2 comments:

Rach said...

wow! great job!! Your costumes from this year were super awesome too!

Julie Mom said...

Your costumes were definitely the best Geek costumes on the site! Outstanding job!