Wednesday, November 30, 2011

all done!

I thought I should give an update about how I'm doing, since I know some people want to know, and I'd rather just type it out instead of telling them myself. Sometimes I feel awkward saying it all out loud. Please, feel free to skip this post if you find it's a little too personal.

I'm off birth control!!! I only ovulated once (released eggs) since March, possibly longer since I only started keeping track in March with my monitor, so my doctor put me on birth control for three months. She said it would regulate my hormones and make my body start balancing itself on its own. Seems fishy to me, but it's the only option she gave me, and I felt like I had to do something. I asked for Chlomid, since, you know, it would actually make me ovulate instead of taking the chance that birth control might do that, but we had a little argument about it and she refused to give it to me. (I don't really want to go back to her. I didn't like her all that much, but I don't have a choice because of insurance stuff). But John was on board with the birth control, and it is the least invasive step to take if it works, so I did it. And I just took my last pill. And I did a happy dance.

It was frustrating, but a little relaxing to know I couldn't get pregnant the last three months. No ovulation monitors, no charts or keeping track of things. It made time go faster for sure since I wasn't ticking days off a calendar.

If the birth control worked and I'm back on my normal cycle, I will be able to test for pregnancy on January 1st. What a symbolic thing to happen if I see a positive on the test. A new year, indeed! Although, I'm not keeping my fingers crossed. If the last two years have taught me anything, it's never hope for a positive pregnancy test. (However, if by a God-sent miracle I do conceive this month, my estimated due date would be September 7th... of all 365 days of the year, what a day to pick. That would be two years to the day that I miscarried my first baby. I'll just have to handle that doozie if it actually happens.)

6 comments:

Sean and Jennie said...

How exciting! Have lots of fun trying this month;)

PJ and Annie said...

hang in there!! Good luck! and yeah..have fun! :)

Starla said...

Totally get the relaxing because no charting, etc. every day. And I loved your "I did a happy dance" comment! :D We love you, sweet!

Starla said...

*sweets

Unknown said...

I like this post- nice update! I agree that months go by way faster when you're not monitoring every little function.

Julie Mom said...

I will be crossing my fingers for you!