I admit it- I have already been listening to Christmas music. A lot of people have very strong opinions about that, and they are allowed to not like listening to it before Thanksgiving, but I do. (I actually saw a very, very heated argument online where people were hating on each other when they didn't agree about when it's okay to start listening to Christmas music. I never realized how strongly people feel about it... and think they are silly for arguing about it, because it's a personal preference. No one is right or wrong here.) Anyway, a radio station started playing it the day after Halloween, and I've had it on whenever I drive somewhere. Since I don't drive that often, I get a good dose of Christmas music that way without overloading before Christmas actually comes.
And this year, I have decided to keep track of how many times I hear the worst Christmas song in history. One of the beloved members of The Beatles created this monstrosity, and for some reason, it is played non-stop.
You may disagree about it being the worst Christmas song ever, and I do vacillate between this one and Wham's "Last Christmas." But for this year, I will go with Paul's "Wonderful Christmastime."
The count clock will be kept on a side bar on my blog right underneath my "I Believe" Mormon.org profile link and above my recently read list. So have fun keeping track with me!
3 comments:
Man! You hit right with the worst song candidates. They are all pretty annoying. I think the Paul Mc. is the worst since we all expect a little bit better from a former Beatle.
I like that song! AND I like Last Christmas! They surely aren't my favorites, but now and then it's nice to hear them (to hear them every time I turn on the radio is another story). Talking about former Beatles though, I am SICK AND TIRED of Happy Xmas (War Is Over). I don't want political propaganda in my Christmas tunes (which is why I submit Do They Know It's Christmas? for your consideration as well), and I NEVER want Yoko singing, in Christmas music or otherwise.
Also, I think Christmas Shoes is my #1 unfavorite. It's just so gross.
Wonderful Christmas Time is OK, not the worst or best, in my opinion. Last Christmas is definitely more annoying to me...I'll have to pay attention to see which ones I don't care for. Kind of agree with Drew about the politically slanted songs...and Yoko Ono! :D
Post a Comment