Monday, April 30, 2012

it is your birthday.


Yes, it was.

I had a lovely birthday this year. Since it was on a Sunday this year, John and I celebrated the Friday before, because I had that night off work. We ate at Goodwood, then did some shopping at TJ Max where I got two new shirts.

We went to Trafalga to try to play some mini golf, but both the line to start playing and the line to pay were really long. I didn't want to feel rushed or be too crowded, so we left and went to the new Provo Beach Resort. (It's just a fancy name for a family fun center with a wave pool where you can surf.) They have a mini croquet course, so we played on that. And we were the only people there, too, so it was a good choice. Although, way different than real croquet. There were a ton of weird rules, so in the end, John and I just played our own game and did whatever we wanted. I think John won, but in the end, what does it matter? Especially since we were both totally cheating.

After, we went and saw The Hunger Games again. We saw it opening night, but I wanted to see it again. It was still good the second time.

On Saturday, before work, Amanda, Victoria, and I went to Tucanos for dinner. I love just sitting there, having them bring that big assortment of meat right to my plate. The pineapple is still my favorite. Half way through, John and Jake joined us and we had a grand old time. After, we briefly stopped in the toy store at the mall, then went up to Target where I bought a copy of Captain America as part of my present. We watched it, then I had to go to work.

Today, I accidentally slept through church and got a day off. Then I made a chocolate cake, and played The Game of Life. It was a pretty relaxed day.

So, I guess you could say that I had a birthweekend rather than just a birthday. It was so much fun, and I wish this could happen more often! Now to countdown to John's birthday in October!

John asked what I wanted for my birthday, since he said he's not good at picking out gifts, so I told him to just write me a letter. I'd much rather have that from him than some trinket bought at the store. He has yet to pay up on that... until then, the birthweekend will continue!

I was hoping to get some really good news for my birthday, but alas, I am still in the dark. I am now one day late on my period, but still showing negative tests. Maybe the Clomid didn't work after all, and I never really had a cycle to begin with. I'll just have to wait and see. Goody, more waiting. After this long, I'm good at that.

3 comments:

Jules said...

I love extended birthdays! I also love that episode of the Office.

Drew said...

Happy birthweek! The cake was delicious! I suck at Life, but it was fun anyway. :D

John Jeppson said...

You're good at names though. Don't let Julie ever tell you otherwise. You should get final say on any baby names.