Wednesday, April 18, 2012

question seven

What is your dream job, and why?


My dream job is to stay home with kids and be a writer. I'm working on my writing skills right now in school and plan to practice a lot. I don't have a goal about being published- I think that would take the passion and fun out of writing. I just want to write when I feel inspired and to share with family and friends. And, if one day I decide to submit it to a publisher, we'll see what happens. 


One day, I think I might want to be an English teacher. Sometimes I think of what lessons I would do, how I would explain a certain principle, or what books I would like my students to read. I don't plan on doing this in the near future, but maybe when I have kids and they are a little older, I'll pursue that. I don't think I'd be able to get much respect from high schoolers at my age now, anyway.


I also have a secret, long-time desire to work at Disneyland. Maybe not so much a trash sweeper, or a gift shop worker, but a ride operator or a Princess. Don't tell me how much it would actually suck. Let me have my dreams. 

4 comments:

Drew said...

It wouldn't suck! It would be fun! I hear even the custodial workers really enjoy their work too because they get to basically wander the park and interact with guests basically all the time. I worked in food at WDW and loved it! Working for Disney is working for Disney, I say.

Jules said...

I think those are all great dream jobs!. Okay, maybe not so much the teaching thing...I like that one more in theory. But yeah, I would totally take a job as a street sweeper at Disneyland! Though I do always feel bad for them when I see that someone threw up and missed the trash can...

Crystal said...

K, so I've never worked at any of the Disney parks... but one of my summer jobs while I was in college (before I got married) was being a rides operator at an amusement park. It was one of the most fun jobs I've ever had! If I knew it could support a family or actually make me real money- I would totally still do it haha. Not to mention, for one of my roller coasters in the park it was required to talk in a New England accent... it was called the "yankee cannonball" Bwahahaha!!

Julie Mom said...

I hope you can live your dreams one day. I think working at Disneyland would be amazing!