Sunday, July 15, 2012

llamas

I finally got to go to Llama Fest yesterday! I have been wanting to go since I first heard about it, back in 2008. And, due to living at home for the summer, then getting married, then other vacations and family events, I wasn't able to go until this summer.

John and I walked through the Krishna temple, perused the gift shop, enjoyed some music, and got to pet some llamas. It was really crowded, so I didn't get to see many llamas, but I really enjoyed being there. I got a Llama Fest t-shirt and little stone llama figurine, and a shoulder bag made from llama wool that has a llama on the front. 






We were going to stay for dinner because there is a great Indian food buffet at the temple, but they didn't have it going during the festival. John and I decided to go back another time and get the buffet and see more llamas when I can have them all to myself. 

Also, I made these from periodic tables of elements today.

I've also been watching a few movies with Rifftrax that I borrowed from Amanda this weekend. I saw Breaking Dawn part I, The Last Airbender, and High School Musical. All terrible movies that were bearable and enjoyable because of Rifftrax. 

1 comment:

Schutzenegger said...

If you ever need a llama fix call us up. We have llamas here and you could see them whenever you wanted!