It's exactly one month until I'm getting married. It's crazy to think that my life took such a turn so quickly... I sat down (okay, so I'm procrastinating on editing and re-drafting my midterm paper for English) and actually figured out the recent important dates. It was funny how I had things a little (or a lot...) wrong until just now. And it's sad how hard it was to figure out.
Nov. 18: John and I met at my apartment watching The Producers and eating pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that I made for him.
Nov. 19/20: Amanda, Amber, John and I went to the midnight release of Twilight and had Brick Oven Pizza beforehand.
Dec. 13: John picked me up and we went to Amanda's breakfast/Elf Christmas finals party. We frolicked to the Creamery together in the snow.
Dec. 16-18: We studied together in the library everyday for finals.
Dec. 19: Last day of finals, John and I studied and then watched a movie at my apartment and shared our first kiss...es... kisses... I don't remember what movie this was... But it was a good night. We went to Wal-Mart with Amanda and then went to hang out with her at her apartment.
Dec. 20-Jan 1: Christmas break. We talked together... everyday... for hours. And John has the phone bill to prove it... and he said it was totally worth it.
Jan 2: We both returned from break, and John gave me a Three Kings Day gift he made for me.
Jan 3: I went over to John's apartment for pancakes, then we went to the library, then the other library, and the store. We were together the entire day. And it didn't feel long enough.
Jan 4: We spent the whole afternoon together and watched Singing in the Rain. In the middle of the movie, John asked me to be his girlfriend.
Jan 5: Our first date after we started dating. We played in the snow on campus, walked together for hours, talked at the Bell Tower, and threw snowballs at Freshman.
Jan 7: We built a fort in my living room and dubbed it "Fort Adelaide"
Jan 8: John met my dad when he came to visit for the weekend.
Jan 23-25: We took a vacation to Vegas with Tyler and Tristan and stayed with Tristan's dad.
Jan 30-Feb 1: Jake come to visit and I got to meet him.
Feb 4: My mom called and, out of the blue, asked if I was planning on marrying John. To which I admitted I was. And she wasn't surprised, but very excited!
Feb 8: John told his very, very shocked family that he was planning on marrying a strange girl they hadn't really heard about at all. At least they knew my name...
Feb 14-16: We drove to Idaho so I could meet the rest of his family.
Feb 21-23: We flew to Nevada so John could meet the rest of my family.
Mar 6: John proposed to me inside the Draper temple in the sealing room during the open house.
Well, you know what has happened since then :) Now we're just on the last stretch to the temple!
Wow, that happened fast. But not really... we spent every spare moment together, so it didn't feel fast.
31 days... one month... :D
...and I just realized. I've seen John every day since we returned from Christmas break on January 2nd. That is amazing to me... And it's still always hard to say goodnight when we part in the evening.
I must be in love with him ;)
4 comments:
Do you keep a journal, or did you just work your way forward with a calendar and figured it all out?
Ahhhh! :)
I got all teary-eyed!
I like how I made it on your time line!!! and I also like fort adelaide... I just love that name...
Of course you made it! You're just that important.
It was John's idea to call it Adelaide. Then we sat inside and he told me about the poem, and how my name derived from Adelaide. I felt very special.
Post a Comment