X-Men Origins: Wolverine- I've never seen any of the X-Men movies before and I was really impressed with this one. I had always imagined the X-Men movies to be cheesy, super hero movies (enter Spiderman, Fantastic Four...), but I loved Wolverine. The action was AMAZING. And I really liked the plot. I especially liked that I understood what was going on even though I didn't know absolutely anything about X-Men before the movie.**See the Wolverine trailer here
Star Trek- OH MY GOSH. John says that after that movie I was ready to turn into a Trekkie. (Side note: it makes me laugh that I typed in "Trekkie" and spell check recognized it as a real word). Yet another example of a very exciting, pleasant surprise! I was prepared to watch a stupid, cheesy movie. The only Star Trek I had ever been introduced to was when I was in fifth grade. My teacher, who wasn't my favorite teacher by any means, was a BIG Trekkie, and talked about Star Trek quite often. Therefore, I got a bad image of it in my head. From that time on, the only thing I knew about it was that there was some dude with an ugly bowl cut with pointy ears, and a famous line, "Beam me up, Scotty!" Pathetic, I know. But I loved this movie so much, I saw it twice already. Plus, that evil dude who played Sylar in Heroes was amazing as Spock.**See the Star Trek trailer here
Angels and Demons- I saw this with John yesterday. I read the book this last week in two days to prepare to see it. I read The DaVinci Code before seeing the movie and was really glad that I did, so I wanted to read Angels and Demons as well. The movie was very different. Very different... but it made for a better movie than the book would have. The book was just too complex and required too much background detail to be fit into a movie. So overall, as a movie on its own, I really liked it.See the Angels and Demons trailer here
Coming attractions
May 21
Terminator Salvation- CHRISTIAN BALE. period. Okay, so no Arnold in this one, but still... CHRISTIAN BALE! AND he's playing John Connor... only, like, the best hero in history after Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford was pretty attractive in his day) and John Preston (who is also Christian Bale... so he has a double win). In summary, I can't wait to watch Christian Bale kick some robot trash.See the Terminator trailer here
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian- The first one was adorable. I can't wait to see Ben Stiller's family-friendly humor in this one.See the Night at the Museum trailer here
June 19
Year One- Jack Black and Michael Cera team up for an extremely historically inacurate and crudely funny movie about the beginning of the world. Bascially, I think Jack Black is hilarious and can't wait to see him at it again.See the Year One trailer here
June 24
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen- Oooooh!!!!!!!! Just watching the trailer gives me goosebumps. Usually sequels suck, but this one looks AMAZING!!! Same actors, same quirky humor from Shia LeBeouf, with new Decepticons to fight. Yes!!!See the Transformers trailer here
July 1
Public Enemies- Johnny Depp playing a gangster from the 30's and and guess who else... CHRISTIAN BALE! Both of them together? With guns?! Do pigs fly? Yes!See the Public Enemies trailer here
July 17
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince- The weakest book turned into what I predict will be the best movie so far. I can't wait to see the newest insallment of the Harry Potter series (considering how obsessed I used to be with the books). More death and Harry angst, teenage love, and everything in between. It's gonna be good.See the Harry Potter trailer here
August 7
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra- I will admit. I am a bit skeptical about this one. My brothers use to play with "Gee-Jai-Joes" when they were little. But the action sequences in the previews look really good, and I can't even really tell it's based off of an action figure toy. And, I had the same feelings about the first Transformers before I saw it. I'll give this one a chance.See the G.I. Joe trailer here
We have a major event taking place right in the middle of these... (I'm only getting married...) but I think we'll see them all eventually. It's going to be a good summer!
Wedding in 34 days!
2 comments:
oh my gosh I want to see public enemies really badly! Good preview of all the new and upcoming must sees!
Don't forget Beverly Hills Chihuahua! I am so excited to see some of these, but I'm feelin a little sketchy still about star trek...
Post a Comment