Tuesday, December 15, 2009

beardies

Bearded dragons are AWESOME!

John and I want one. They are so cool!

They're smart, like to be handled and even beg for it sometimes, are fun to watch, like to take baths and showers, and are loyal to the owner. They're also awake during the day, unlike Ricky. They're super gentle, and kind, and are even really good around children. More than you can say for a lot of animals. It gets about 2 feet long, tail included. That means I can get it a leash and walk it around.

The only problem is we don't have a big enough cage. We were planning on getting a smaller cage for Ricky and putting a Beardie in Ricky's cage, but that one is only 12" x 24" and a Beardie needs a cage that is 20" x 40"... so I don't know how we'd swing that. But, I already picked a name for our Bearded Dragon, so we have to get one now.


I like this picture because it looks like he's smiling in the picture at the bottom.

Speaking of reptiles, Ricky is doing really well. He's a lot bigger now! He's still growing, though. (He is only 9 months old). We still love him and feed him lots of big crickets. He graduated to the larger crickets, which is nice because we don't have to buy as many. Instead of eating 7 or 8 little crickets, he eats 3 or 4 big ones. So that's really nice. He's lost a lot of his spots and gained some strange orange splotches of color. I can't find my camera, otherwise I'd post some new pictures up. Once I find it I'll take some.

Oh, and in case you're still wondering, we are going to name our bearded dragon Rumbleroar.

2 comments:

Likeursoperfect said...

Bearded dragons are really cool! But you do have to handle them every day, or they can get mean. My grandma got one for my cousin, and things were really good for a while. Then she got bored with him and never held him, and now he bites. =( They are really easy to take care of, though! And they are really neat creatures.

Anonymous said...

I like seeing it eating a grasshopper. I can't stand grasshoppers. Funny name too, but they still creep me out.