Monday, December 14, 2009

it's christmas?

John and I were driving one evening listening to Christmas music on the radio when a song came on that neither of us had heard before. I reached to change it until I heard the lyrics... It was a terrible song! Why on earth would someone play this for Christmas?




After we got home, John looked this up to see if it was real or not. We couldn't believe someone would turn this into a song. He found out that this was actually a number one song when it first came out. How? It was so bad we were actually laughing. Not because abuse is funny, but because we didn't expect to hear it. It is pretty ridiculous.

I hope this doesn't make me sound heartless... but it's just so... not Christmas.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow. I laughed in shock too when the chorus came on, "please don't let them hurt your children.." Can you imagine what people would have thought about this song up until this century? Why don't we play songs about rape and child abuse more often? Weird.