So, I have a secret... this mostly for my family, but it's still funny all the same.
Last Christmas I almost went home with John for a few days before going to my family's house.
It started out as a little flirty suggestion, then a joke, then a consideration, then a serious thought that I did want to go home with him for a few days. I didn't want to be away from him for two weeks.
However, the plane ticket had already been bought, and I couldn't miss my flight. Otherwise I would've been a big surprise for John's family when we walked in the door. Merry Christmas!
Instead, we texted each other unceasingly, he called me at midnight on New Years and we talked for an hour or so, and we read a book together. Well, we raced each other to see who could finish it first. Of course, he won.
This Christmas is a little bit different... I get to spend the whole break with him, and even *gasp* share a room with him!!!
2 comments:
Wowser! That would have been a BIG surprise, since tight-lipped John had mentioned nada about you at that point!! :D But we would have welcomed you in, made up the bed in the office, offered you some hot cocoa, and then asked you a gazillion questions! :D I remember when we finally heard you were dating, I said, "Is that the cute girl who played 'Carol of the Bells' with her brother on your facebook page?" (It was you!) What a wonderful year of change, with our family growing with the addition of you, sweet Allison!
Wow, I had no idea you were so good at keeping such a big secret. Weren't you dating some other guy at that time, too? You are so funny!
Good choice, however. We love John! I do remember the race to read the book last Christmas.
Post a Comment