Oh, why did I marry a man that loves politics? I never hear the end of them. I guarantee that half of our conversations (well, John talking and me nodding trying to understand what he's talking about) revolve around politics.
I know John loves it, but it is tiring.
I'm so glad I have Jennie, my next door neighbor, to talk to sometimes. When John and I are with her and her husband, Sean, it gives me some girl time to talk about highlighting our hair, and babies, and church. Meanwhile, the boys go off and talk about cars, politics, sci-fi, and recollect mission stories together.
I'm so glad to have our wonderful neighbors by us, and that we spend time with them. I love going over and playing games or just talking. I feel like I can still be a girl!
Quotes:
John: "You do realize that Lion King is Hamlet, right? Uncle kills the King, marries the Queen, banishes son, takes over, the son returns to take back the kingdom... except that Simba doesn't die in the end like Hamlet does."
Me: "That makes Timon and Pumba pirates!"
and
John: Playing computer game "I love you!"
Me: Shocked that he wasn't 100% wrapped up in his game "Aww, really, you do?"
John: "...Yeah. I was actually talking to the game, but I love you, too."
2 comments:
I agree that it is way nice to have girl talk sometimes. We love love love having you guys live next door, we couldn't ask for better friends. I love the story about John playing the computer game, Sean gets wrapped up in the computer all the time too:)
It didn't happen like that at all.
Post a Comment