Monday, January 4, 2010

the force is strong with this one

So, here are the promised pictures of Ricky! He's not very accommodating when I try to take his picture (lots of blurry pics), so I only got two.





And, I want to introduce you to someone new!

His name is Obi-Wan Kenobi, and he's our new Bearded Dragon! He is awesome.



We had first named him Admiral Ackbar (because his head twitches side to side like Ackbar's does in the Star Tours ride at Disneyland), but Obi-Wan seemed to fit him better. He eats veggies and fruits every day, and crickets two to three times a week. He loves to sit out in the light, and likes being held. It was easy, since, thanks to the Peterson's donation of their lizard gear (RIP Jackie), we had everything except the sand and the lizard!

P.S. Jennie, whenever you want your things back, just let us know! I'd feel bad keeping them forever.

Admiral Ackbar knows when it is a trap.

Obi-Wan is Ewan McGregor.




Ricky and Obi-Wan don't live together, and they certainly don't get along. Ricky couldn't care less about Obi, and when I set them next to each other on the couch, Ricky looked at him and then ignored him. But Obi-Wan on the other hand puffed up his beard, opened his mouth and started hissing. It was pretty neat! I'm sure Obi would never attack Ricky, but I don't want to test it.

We are enjoying Obi very much so far. We got him this evening for FHE. We've wanted one for a long time. Don't worry, we won't ignore Ricky. He'll probably be grateful we don't take him out as much. He's not one to love being handled all the time. So, everyone wins!

4 comments:

Sean and Jennie said...

Awesome pics! We love Ben and look forward to spending lots more time with him:)

Anonymous said...

His cricket-eating skills are awesome!

Amber Nicole said...

I don't know how you do it... I act brave but in reality your lizards freak me out... I'm glad that you enjoy them though.

-Sydney- said...

I wonder how Ewan McGregor feels about this.