The semester is almost over! This is the last week of instruction, and then next week is finals. John will be taking a few tests, then be done! That means we only have one more semester in Provo.
The next few months are going to be stressful for me. I am a person who likes to know what is coming, and our future is very up in the air right now. We don't have any doubts that John will find a job- okay, I maybe just have tiny ones, but I could be considered a pessimist. Microbiologists are still fairly highly employable in the country, even with the economy not doing so well. We're confident he'll get a job, but we just don't know where. He'll start sending in applications and doing interviews around February. He told me that companies contact the microbiology department wanting to hire the up-coming graduates, and those job postings go up around that time.
It's still hard to sit here, hoping that he'll have a job to go to after graduation, and not knowing where we'll be going. Will we be within one day's driving distance from Provo? Will we have to move all the way across the country? I don't like not knowing. So many things in my life are an unknown right now, and that's stressful!
However, thinking about leaving, I decided I still have a lot of things I want to do in Provo before we go! I've done a lot living here the last four and a half years, but there are still a few things I want to do (either for the first time, or do again) before I go.
1. Timpanogos Cave. I've seen pictures from friends who have been there, and I have always wanted to go! I've never been in a cave before. Mine shaft, yes, but not a cave.
2. Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert. I went to Conference once when I was a freshman and heard them there, but I want to go to a real concert. Luckily, John and I will be doing this next week! I was selected in the lottery to go next Friday night!
3. See the Christmas lights on Temple Square. Again, John and I will get to go see them when we go for the concert. I went my first Christmas in Utah as a freshman and have wanted to go back since, but haven't been able to convince anyone to take me back since then. But this time, I'm making John go with me.
4. Another session of Conference. I've only been to the one. Granted, it was a great one, because it was the session where we sustained President Monson as the Prophet of the Church, but I'd love to go to one more.
5. Do a session in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. This is where John and I got married, but we still haven't done a session there. We've done sealings, but always do sessions in Provo because it's closer. I think it would be nice to go back to the Celestial room.
6. Hike the path through Provo Canyon up to Bridal Veil Falls. It's a really beautiful hike and the falls are very pretty.
7. Go to that natural history museum at Thanksgiving Point. The one with the giant dinosaurs painted on it.
8. This one is a stretch... but I would love to go to Arches again. Maybe drive there, hike a bit, camp overnight, and then drive back the next day. The problem is that it won't warm up very much until June, and I hope to be gone by then.
9. And this isn't in Provo, but within driving distance... I want to go to Vegas for one night and go see The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil. And as long as I'm wishing, I want to go to the King Arthur/jousting show thingy they have at the Excalibur where you eat a medieval feast and watch knights perform in a tournament.
10. I want to go to the planetarium on campus for one of their shows again. I went once and it was really fun!
11. I also want to go to the Bean Museum one more time and look at the stuffed animals. I also just found out that you can check out one of the animals for a week and take it home with you! I want to check out an animal and have it sit on my table.
And lastly, I want to say that I still have not hiked the Y, and I don't intend to.
2 comments:
Ummmm... I pretty much want to do all of these too - So, we should get together! Good to see you with the llamas the other night - you were doing a super job controlling the grumpy ones!
Utah has a lot of fun things to do. Some of these things remind me of my first dates with Drew *sigh*. I take it you don't like hiking? I guess I really didn't know that before...
Post a Comment