Friday, December 23, 2011

funny things at work #2

The girls post little motivational posters around the house, which I think is great. It helps them see encouragement daily (written in their own handwriting) and really helps them when they are having a rough time.

There is a new poster up in one of the kitchens that I saw when I came in for work tonight. It says, "Just one tim [sic] wont [sic] hurt." It made me think of Tim Gunn and how I'd love to hang out with him (or go shopping with him), but I don't think I could handle more than one Tim Gunn at once.

In case you're wondering, "Just one time won't hurt" is an example of what the thinking process is before relapse so they can learn to recognize dangerous thinking and flip to positive thinking instead. That's why it was up in the house. Otherwise, that would be a bad thing to be teaching girls who are in rehab.

1 comment:

Julie Mom said...

It reminds me of "Hunny and holl weet bred"!