John and I had tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert last night. We had it planned out, but it didn't end up happening.
The plan: Drive to Sandy and catch the Trax to Temple Square so we didn't have to struggle to find parking, see the show, and finish by walking around to see all the Christmas lights.
What happened: John was taking his last final this afternoon, but it took longer than he planned. So, after he got home and we were ready to go, we had a slim chance of still catching the show if we drove the whole way and were blessed by a miracle to find a parking spot by the Conference Center. I knew traffic was going to be bad, but I had no idea that we would crawl the whole way when we weren't stopped completely. By the time we got to Draper, we were so sick of the traffic that we changed our minds and got off the freeway and stopped at Jordan Commons for dinner and a movie. We wouldn't have made the concert, anyway. I'm sure some standby people were super excited to get our seats!
We still had a great date anyway! We had dinner at Ruby River and followed it up by watching the new Sherlock Holmes movie. We both enjoyed it very much (I will admit that I was lost and didn't know what was happening until about half-way through the movie). The cinematography was my favorite part, although it needed more Rachel McAdams.
I have to say the only bad part of the night is when I fell down the metal stairs in the parking garage at the theatre. My shoes got all scuffed up and ruined, but my stockings were okay! John thought it was funny that the first thing I said when I stood up was, "My hoes didn't get a hole!" He replied, "I don't care about your hoes! Is your ankle broken?" But we all know that I was concerned about the more important of the two... although, I am really glad that bruising was the worst of it. Now no one can make fun of me for being afraid to walk down stairs! You can see it's a legitimate fear.
We didn't end up seeing the concert, but all I wanted was a fancy night out in Salt Lake, and that's what we had. John told me we would go later next week to see the lights on Temple Square (and I can see all the weird nativity scenes they have outside on the lawn).
Some other fun news- My mom put together a bunch of packages for us for Christmas as a 12 days of Christmas surprise. Monday was the first day we could start opening them, and it's been so fun having a present to open every day. John usually opens it while I'm still sleeping, wraps it back up, and lets me open it when I get up in the afternoon. Today we got some cinnamon scented pinecones, and I love that it makes the house smell like the holidays!
Only 8 more days until Christmas!
3 comments:
We wanted to try to go to see the lights on Temple Square sometime too! Double fancy date to SLC?
So sorry about your tumble down metal stairs. Yikes! But I'm happpy nothing was broken! Glad you like opening the trinkets. Miss you guys!
Sad you missed the concert...but happy you had a fun date together. Sad you took a tumble...but happy you are relatively unscathed. Sad we miss you both...but happy you have each other!! Love you!
Post a Comment