Last night, Alysha had work off, and I still haven't been allowed back on for shifts, and I'm finally feeling better after my trip (I had a fever last week, yuck), so we did a craft together yesterday. I saw a picture on Pinterest of a purse that had been made from a book cover. I immediately recognized the cover as a part of a special collection that they sell at
Barnes and Noble. They have a special right now, buy one get one for $10, so Alysha and I each picked a book and got to split the price. Neither of us were able to pick our favorite because the book was too thin to be a sizable purse (I wanted to use
The Chronicles of Narnia), but we picked covers that ended up turning out great! I picked
The Complete Sherlock Holmes, and Alysha picked
The Count of Monte Cristo.
After getting our books, we went to Wal-Mart to pick out fabric for the purse lining, and accessories to use for purse handles. It took us about an hour and a half to put it together with a hot glue gun and sewing machine (and a lot of playing around with things until we found something that worked!) and they both ended up so cute! We had a great time watching
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and making things up as we went along.
The inside
The front cover
The back cover
The book itself remained in tact and is still ready for eager eyes to read it.
Alysha's purse. I love her purse handles made from beads.
1 comment:
How adorable! You picked out some beautiful covers to use.
Post a Comment