John, Jacob, and I drove to Rexburg/Sugar City this past weekend for their cousin Lauren's wedding. She married Saturday afternoon in the Rexburg temple. I had never been inside, and it was a beautiful temple. The theme inside was wheat. There was wheat on the stained glass, and braided wheat patterns on the borders. I wish I could have done a session and seen the Celestial room, but the sealing room was beautiful.
We had a really nice time in Sugar. It was a very short trip, and I was completely exhausted the whole time because I had to be awake during the day, but it was still fun. We stayed with John's grandparents. Shortly after we arrived, Uncle Joe and his two kids came, and later that night, John's parents showed up with Beth. So we had a full house! Grandma fed us great meals (I really want her recipe for that steak thing she made on Friday), everyone else played a few hands of Rook, and we piled in front of the TV to watch Pawn Stars.
For Starla, since I'm pretty sure she was super confused when John, Beth, and I kept making references to this:
***
For the last two weeks I haven't been able to really go to work. Someone in administration dropped the ball and forgot to turn in my yearly background check, so it was over two months late. She got a call from the company owner asking why it wasn't in, and said that I wasn't allowed to work again until it came back, which would take about two weeks. I made a few phone calls (angry phone calls...) and they finally said that I can go to work and clock in so I can make some money, but I'm not allowed to do checks or be with the girls. I joked with seriousness that they should just give me the money since I'm not doing anything for them to earn it.
A few days after I was told I could not take shifts, I got another call telling me that I needed to also get fingerprints to turn in with my background check. I think this made me the most upset, because they waited a few days before telling me. What were they doing for those few days? Obviously not trying to turn in my background check. So, after having to wait the weekend for the police station fingerprint office to be open, I got them done, and my excommunicated-from-work time was bumped up to a total of three weeks. My time has almost been served. It will be three weeks on Wednesday. We'll see if I get the call to come back by then. I have a feeling, after experiencing this whole mess and incompetence, that it might be even longer.
So, to occupy myself tonight (since there are no dishes, my fridge is spotless now, and the bathrooms are all cleaned and bleached, and the laundry is in the drier), I made a bracelet. I haven't made jewelry for years. Of course, the jewelry I used to make was awful, ugly stuff with plastic beads and wax string. I am a member of a Clomid/infertility support group online, and someone started talking about fertility bracelets. There is some coot out there who is claiming to have beads and crystals with special powers to help with fertility, and charges $50 per bracelet. It's all a load of bologna, but the bracelets were actually really pretty. I remembered that I have an old pearl necklace that broke, so I re-purposed the pearls toward my bracelet, and went to The Bead Fairy in Orem to get the other components. I ended up getting some pink (because I want a girl!) Swarovski crystal beads and some other pretty glass and metal beads. I put it all together, and it looks pretty good! Maybe I should make jewelry and sell it on etsy. If I end up pregnant this month, maybe I can claim that I make bona fide fertility bracelets and sell them for twice the price. Shame on that person for taking advantage of women in such delicate emotional states.
I have also been playing more Fallout 3. As time went on, I slowly became more dishonest and was stealing more and more stuff from people, much to my amusement. You get all the cool stuff by stealing it. If you're good and honest, the game isn't as fun. The best trick is to help someone, get the reward and Good Karma points from doing the good deed, and then kill them so you can take the rest of their stuff. My dad, Liam Neeson, is going to be quite disappointed in me. I pretty much suck at a lot of the game, so John helps me out quite a bit. But I'm enjoying playing it. It's a pretty cool game, and I include it in mine and John's "bonding time," since we play it together.
3 comments:
The bracelet is beautiful!!! I love it! But, why exactly is Liam Neeson your dad?? I'm sure it's some gamer thing! :D
Love you!
The guy who plays the voice of your dad in the game is Liam Neeson, and depending on whether you've been playing as a good guy or a bad guy he will give you different fatherly lectures.
Love the bracelet! The game sounds great!!
Post a Comment