I had two friends who had birthdays within a week of each other, Craig and Victoria. I was lucky to be able to make cakes for them and celebrate with both of them.
Last weekend, for Craig's birthday, me and John, Craig, and Amanda and Victoria all went to Malawi's for dinner, then to the Provo Beach resort for the ropes course (John and I guarded their stuff and cheered while they did it) and arcade games, and then to my apartment for cake and games. It was so much fun! I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. I won on Deal or No Deal, and we collectively guessed the puzzle on Wheel of Fortune. Plus, I got to play Skee-ball, so it was automatically a good night.
I didn't take a picture of Craig's cake because I forgot, but I made him a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and cream cheese frosting. It was delicious! I had not made raspberry filling before. It was surprisingly really easy and super yummy!
We celebrated Victoria's birthday tonight with Rock Band and watching Thor, and having more cake. Victoria requested white cake with white frosting, which was easy enough. I just filled the cake with the same buttercream I put on top, and decorated with a basket weave on the side. It was also a huge hit!
Now I want to brave making a tiered cake. I will have to do some research to know how to put one together.
No comments:
Post a Comment