Monday, June 11, 2012

in honor of three years

I was scanning through some of my old blog posts from before I was married because mine and John's three year anniversary is coming up in a few days, and I came across this little jewel. I was talking about how excited I was to be moving in with John and not having roomates and having my own kitchen.

"No more mystery messes, no more dishes disappearing, no more stuffed refrigerators with food that isn't mine, no more cleaning up after multiple people, no more sharing cupboard space."

None of that is true. There are mystery messes all the time. Sometimes I will clean the kitchen and come back a half an hour later and find some mystery splotch on the counter that I have to clean again.

My dishes are still disappearing. John and I just did a quick inventory of our kitchen and made a list of the utensils and things that are missing. I used to have three 9x13 pans and now I have none. Measuring cups and spoons are gone to the abyss all the time, and I am missing a large metal mixing bowl. I used to be missing the base to the blender, but that randomly turned up in the cupboard one day.

It's amazing how many times I will open my fridge and find mystery food in there. If go out to dinner with friends, sometimes they will leave their leftovers in the fridge, and I can't count how many times Jacob has left food behind. I'm not complaining about this one, though. The food always gets eaten.

I clean up after multiple people all the time. Whenever we have people over, there is always clean up to do.

I also share the cupboard with John. I know that isn't a big deal, but sometimes I'll peek in the cupboards to find some weird looking food that he's bought.

I just think it's funny to look back and see how naive I was before getting married. It's quite funny.

No comments: