I have a few photos to describe my weekend.
My animals sure were funny.
Momo took a nap next to me on the couch and made this funny face.
Suki brought me a present to the doorstep. She wouldn't leave me alone until I gave her sufficient praise. Sorry if the dead mouse makes you sad. I didn't care much until I saw it was a baby mouse. Then I was a little sad. But, I'd rather have it dead than eating my food storage.
I walked by Obi-Wan's cage and found him in this sexy pose. I think he must be listening to LMFAO while we are out of the house.
My favorite thing to order at Chinese food restaurants are Crab Rangoon, or cream cheese wontons. They aren't always that cheap, so we tried making some ourselves. We got wonton wrappers at the Korean market on University, and I made a cream cheese and green onion filling, and John fried them up. They were delicious! We'll never order them again when we can just make our own. The cost to make two dozen for ourselves was about $4. At the restaurants, they usually charge $6 for 8 wontons.
Today, I was watching Cake Boss, and got a huge hankering for some cake. So I just randomly decided to make a cake. The cake got overdone, which annoyed me because I know my oven well enough to know it shouldn't have burned. I guess the temperature was off just a little bit this time. But it was still fun to make. I haven't baked in a really long time. I didn't know how much I missed it. I didn't feel much like decorating it because I just wanted to eat it as soon as possible, so I just took a few seconds and topped it with a bunch of rosettes. So, if you want some slightly overdone cake smothered in frosting that just tastes like pure sugar (I didn't have flavoring and couldn't go buy any because it was Sunday), please come eat some of this cake.
1 comment:
1) I love when cats stick their tongues out.
2) Poor baby mouse!
3) I don't know what to say about all that pale, smexy lizard flesh but I didn't want to leave him out.
4) Making your own rangoons is definitely more cost effective...though sometimes I just don't want to bother making them myself.
5) All last night I kept saying "I wish I had some cake." If only we had known there was cake to be had! What kind is it?
This comment is really long...
Post a Comment