I went on a date yesterday. And it was amazing :)
First, Rachel and I went to Men's Chorus yesterday to listen to their practice. They are FANTASTSIC! I swear, I fall in love with all of those boys more and more every time I listen to them sing. And I'm so glad that I have one of them ;) I am so excited for the concert this weekend! Rachel really enjoyed going, too. A few times we stopped remembering to breathe. Their last song, Pie Jesu, was gorgeous. And it really did make me cry... again. I better remember to take tissues next time. It was the absolute, pefect way to prepare for what we did next.
After listening to Men's Chorus, we headed over to Provo Temple to do baptisms. It's absolutely gorgeous inside, and the spirit is so strong. It is the best place to do thinking. It feels so pure inside, and like everything you worry about was left outside. I had an incredible experience, and got really important answers that I've been looking for. And I enjoyed just spending some time in there, and doing service.
When we left the temple, we went over to Zupas for dinner! It's so good! I got my usual turkey cranberry panini and Wisconsin Cauliflower soup. Rachel was right. There's just something about soup that warms the soul. Then Rachel and I spent some time just talking. I've missed her. I haven't seen her in a long time. We've both been really busy, and I loved taking some time with her.
It was such a perfect night. I am so glad that I have the opportunity to go do things like this. I feel very blessed to be so close to a temple, and that I can go inside. And I'm grateful for wonderful friends like Rachel to share all of this with. She is amazing.
Quotes of the Day:
Tristan's note on the bathroom mirror:
"White board = DOOM! [It's a TRAP!... TARP!]
"Mirror = =D
Love you newest sister!
Love, Tristan Hines (almost!)"
3 comments:
I'm grateful for you. Thank you for last night. I needed it. I love you.
IT'S A TARP!!!
You forgot that the greeting was Allie-san. (Like Allison, only Japanese.)
Post a Comment