I have changed a lot recently. For the better.
I owe that change to many people. And to myself. I like who I am now, and who I've become. I'm happier, more in tune with life, and closer to God.
It's almost weird to think that I'm more grown up. I've realized this the last week or two. I have new priorities, new desires, new goals, new motivation. I am a new person, and better prepared for future challenges and responsibilities.
I've been more grateful. I spend more time thanking the Lord for my blessings, and for being observant at what I've been given. I pause and look at my life to see how amazing it is, and how fortunate I am for so many things.
And because of that, I'm done being selfish. The best way to be happy is to help others. I want to use what I've been given to make others as happy as I am. I've been trying harder to look passed myself and focus on other people. And it works. Put others first and you will be blessed.
I love the Lord. I love how things just work out. I love doing something I'm prompted to do without knowing why, and then looking back and seeing what came from it. I can't wait to keep improving myself, and to keep working harder. If I was blessed with all I have by doing a few simple things, and making small changes in my life, how much more can I receive? I can't wait to keep going down this path to see what other things are in store for me. And I can't wait to bring that joy to other people around me. I have been feeling the spirit and God's love a lot more lately. I don't know how I ever lived without it this strongly all the time. I never want it to go away.
Thank you, friends. Thank you Amber, and John, and Amanda, and Jason. Thank you, Tyler, Tristan, Mom, Dad, Drew, Christina. And Thea, and Jacob. Thank you, Rachel, and Wistie. I love you all more than I can say. And I hope that I can repay you sometime. You all mean the absolute world to me. I love you.
And it's weird to be grateful for hardships and mistakes in life. But I truly am. We all go through hard times, and we must handle them and learn from them. While I made some big mistakes, I wouldn't trade it for anything. And I'm still almost happy it all happened. If I could go back I would've made different decisions. But since I can't, I'm just going to take it all in stride and learn from it. It's helped me grow more than anything has. I feel more prepared for the world, and more prepared to teach, and eventually raise a righteous family. I've been there. I can empathize with people. And really, honestly help them.
And I owe it all to my Lord and savior.
And now, I owe some apologies. I have been a bit selfish...
Amber, I'm sorry for making you feel abandoned. I do miss you. Don't you doubt that. You are my BFFFE and no one can replace you. I just have been out enjoying my newest blessing every waking moment. I hope you can understand that. It's time that I come back down to the ground and stop ignoring my friends. I can't wait for you to come over tomorrow! We will have a blast. And I want to hear what you've been up to since I've been gone.
Amanda, sorry I was stolen from you. But I love you SOOO much for introducing me to John. You are a true friend, and I appreciate you so much.
Tristan, sorry about the boxes in the corner. And for taking up the whole cupboard. I will get that cleaned up soon.
John, sorry for stealing your hat. And for eating all of your Nutella. It is absolutely delicious. Thank you for leaving it at my house.
Quotes of the Day:
Amanda: "When are they getting married?"
Me: "Why are they getting married???"
Amanda: "No, when!"
5 comments:
I just had a craving for nutella... and it is at your house... I think I may open the other bottle. We need to get more ritz crackers.
apology excepted... except you forgot the hooters quote. that one was better than the other one haha... haha.
You don't owe me an apology for anything. Glad to be of assistance. That is why I am your mommy. I am so happy that you are so happy!
You don't owe me an apology for anything. Glad to be of assistance. That is why I am your mommy. I am so happy that you are so happy!
Haha! Don't even worry about it! I'm the one with all the junk in the middle of the floor still!
Post a Comment