Thursday, January 29, 2009

story time

I have a story for you.

Once upon a time there was a girl. She was in college, and just got a car. One afternoon she was driving up to her college campus. As she was driving along looking for a spot, she beheld a beautiful sight. A spot on the side of the road right next to where she needed to go! And it was just big enough for her car. So she pulled up next to the first car, and put her's in reverse to back into the spot.

She hit the curb. Drat. Pull forward to try again. Backing up... hit the curb again. Drat. Crooked. Pull forward... repeat three more times. No success.

Feeling frustrated and embarrassed, the girl looks up at the sidewalk and spies a boy. He was on the phone watching her with a slightly bemused expression on his face. Feeling helpless and desperate the girl quickly jumped out of the car, which was still half sticking out into the street, and frantically yelled, "DO YOU KNOW HOW TO PARALLEL PARK?!" The boy laughed and said, "I was going to ask if you wanted some help, but I didn't want to feel like I was infringing on your attempts."

So the girl got out of the car, and ran onto the sidewalk to watch the stranger easily slide her car into the spot without any problem. After many "thank you"s and much gratitude, the girl walked up to campus while the stranger in shining armor continued on his way in the opposite direction. And they both separately lived happily ever after.

The moral of the story is:
If you can't parallel park, it's okay as long as you're at BYU where there are many kind and helpful boys in the world.

Hmm. Maybe I should've gotten his number for my friends. He was really cute. I'm sure one of them would've really appreciated it. I could always stake him out next Wednesday at the same time and watch for him to come down the hill. But that is slightly stalker-ish. Single friends, let me know if you're interested.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, HELLO!!!!! i love boys, especially ones that know how to drive.

Likeursoperfect said...

I just thought you should know, I love your stories!

Rachel Ann said...

Me Me Me!

Rachel said...

I'm single too! Pick me!

Amanda said...

haha... i will teach you how to parallel park. i taught my roommate last year. haha