Life has been super crazy. I can't even believe it's mine. Honestly, two months ago I would have had no idea I'd be in this spot right now. I worked hard, and this is my reward.
Obviously as you all know I have a boy in my life. And he's pretty much the greatest ever. I'm crazy about him. We've been spending a lot of time together, which has been fantastic. I've gotten to know him really fast, and miraculously, after spending almost all of my free time with him, I haven't gotten sick of him at all. I'm actually really sad to say goodbye in the evenings. We've been friends for a while, and started hanging out more before Christmas break. We talked every day during break, and when we got back, decided to start dating. And I haven't been happier!
I have some new friends as well. All of John's roommates. They are the funnest guys ever! They all went to the same mission in Milwaukee. Since it was a Spanish speaking mission, they all are fluent in the language. It's so fun going over to their apartment. Both English and Spanish are thrown around constantly. At this rate, I'll be semi-fluent in Spanish in no time. And they are super musical. I watched them play this music improv game the other night. (I suck at improv and thinking quickly on my feet, so I just watched). One of the roommates, Nate, was at the piano playing some chords. Then, going around in a circle, each person would sing one line to a song. Then the next person has to rhyme with the previous line. If you can't make it rhyme, or can't get the line out in time, you're out of the game. It was so fun to watch! Those boys are super creative.
My dad came up last week to bring me my car. We had so much fun together! We went shopping a bit, walked through the mall, and got lunch together. Then, that night, Tyler, Tristan, and John joined us for dinner at Cafe Rio. It was delicious!
My classes are going well. I love my dance class. We started with the tango. It's so much fun! I can't quite get the steps down completely yet, but it's still just the first two weeks. I'm already psyched for Dancesport. But... I was ready for winter Dancesport the day fall Dancesport was over. I have a countdown on my computer, and it's only 53 days!
One day last week John and I made pancakes. And he made smily face ones :) He is such a good cook.
Amanda and I went on a secret mission on Saturday. Well, here's how the day started. John came over and we made breakfast. Then he had to leave for an all day choir practice. Wistie had sent me a text asking me if I could take her over to 7-11 to get change for the laundry machine. OH yeah, I have a car now! It's beautiful. But anyway... So I picked her up, and while we were at 7-11 I decided that I wanted donuts. NOW. So we started on our way to Krispy Kreme. As we were passing Wyview, we pulled in and decided to kidnap Amanda. So we raided her apartment, and made her come along with us. Four dozen donuts later, (don't worry. I didn't eat all of mine. I used most of them to feed boys), we started back to Provo. I dropped Wistie off at home, and took Amanda grocery shopping.
Then I had a stroke. Of GENIUS! Here was my thought process:
I should do something clever for John soon. I haven't really done anything yet. What can I do? Hmm... maybe write him a poem. No. Bigger. (The next few ideas have been edited out of this blog for secrecy purposes. They may be used in the future) Well, look at current circumstances. He's out of town today. Perfect. He's not getting back until 6. I have about three hours. They carpooled up to the retreat. His car is unattended on campus! Bingo! Time to lovingly trash it!
So I got lots of brightly colored paper, markers, streamers, and some candy in order to attack his car. Amanda and I went back to her apartment and cut out hearts, stars, polka dots, drew pictures, I wrote some song lyrics, and a poem. Then the hunt began. I knew Men's Chorus met somewhere on campus to carpool . I just had no idea where. So Amanda and I drove through most of the parking lots on campus looking for his car. We asked the "Nissan gods" to lead us to it, and did our best Hiro impression by yelling for the Versa. We were just basically being dorks. Then, after searching for over 30 minutes, I gave up and decided to ask. Here was the conversation:
Me: When are you getting back again?
John: I'll be back at 6:30ish
Me: Did you drive up there? Was it long?
John: We get done here at 6 and it takes like 30 mins. to get back
Me: Did you have to drive?
John: Yeah
Me: That stinks. Too bad you couldn't just bum a ride off someone else.
John: It was fine... What were you going to do to my car?
Me: Nothing. Why are you so paranoid? Just making conversation.
John: Ok. If you say so.
Busted! And even worse, no car! So we went for plan B. Traditional style. We just attacked his front door instead. And it probably worked out better that way. And it ended up being really cute and colorful.



Last night we shared dinner with some of John's friends, Sean and Jennie. They are so cute! They recently got engaged. I really like hanging out with them. We made chicken alfredo and spinach salad. Then they brought over veggies and garlic toast. It was a fun meal.
Well, today is a holiday! And it is glorious. I'm planning on spending the whole day just chillin' at home, reading books. I restarted The Catcher in the Rye the other day, and I want to finish that. Then John and I are going to read 1984 together. So I'll start that one today! One of my favorite things to do with him is read. So I'm excited for today!
Well, I hope that was sufficient for y'all. I'll try to keep up more in the future so I don't have to do a huge post. Ciao!
Random pictures


Quotes of the Day:
Me: "I missed my mouth... I missed my mouth again."
Amanda: "Are you having a stroke? Oh wait that's a brain tumor."
and
Amanda: "Where do you want to get married?"
Me: "Timponogus."
Amanda: "Reno?"
Me: "No... Timponogus. It doesn't even sound the same!"
4 comments:
:D.
I love you.
A lot.
I am so happy to see you so happy.
You are Allie.
i liked you're blog. and i was mentioned a couple times. i love when i am mentioned. it makes me feel special!
I love reading with you. We need to find more time to read.
Post a Comment