Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 random facts

I know I posted this on Facebook, but I wanted to post a new blog, so I just decided to post this. Besides, now my mom can see it.

1. I was born to dance. If I didn't have a future family to think about, I would change my major to ballroom this very second. But, you can't help support a family with that major. So it's my minor instead.

2. I'm majoring in English Teaching. I want to teach high school English. It's always been my best subject, and I love to read and write. My high school English teacher, Mr. Petite, really inspired me to want to do it. It just took me a few semesters of college to figure that out. Just think... I get to hang out with teenagers all day, reading, writing, and seeing them all grow! Plus, I LOVE editing papers... especially for grammar and spelling errors. And sentence structure, flow, voice and personality, and supported theses... and... so, everything. I'm a nerd, okay!

3. My hair is my favorite thing about myself after my smile.

4. I have completed 31 out of 100 things on my "Bucket List." I don't expect to finish everything in my lifetime, but it's nice to always have attainable goals. I've been working on it since July of 2006.

5. I love wearing dresses, skirts, and other nice clothing. It makes me feel more "put together" and like I can accomplish more throughout the day.

6. I love playing the piano and have always had a natural ability to do so. I sat down one day and taught myself to play songs from "The Phantom of the Opera" one summer during high school. Then my mom found a piano teacher for me. However, I can't sight read to save my life. I have to memorize the pieces. I'm a classical pianist, and have never been able to play rag or jazz.

7. I love to sing, and I'm working on it... I'm not the best (even though John tells me otherwise) but I love to do it! I'm in a university choir this semester, and think I might try out for Women's Chorus next semester... unless I make the ballroom team!

8. I love traveling and flying, but landing in a plane absolutely scares me to death. I really don't mind long car trips. It's easy to space out the window and let time fly by along with the scenery.

9. I have the best friends, family, and boyfriend anyone could possibly ever ask for. I love them all deeply with every part of me. They have all helped me through so much, and I am eternally grateful to them for that, and grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with them.

10. I love to have things clean and straightened. I don't like dirt, or mess, or anything of the like. I keep my living space clean.

11. I adore cooking. My mother is an excellent cook, and I learned from her! I love cooking for other people mostly. I love it more now that I have a boy I get to feed, too :)

12. I have arachnophobia. I'm not even kidding you. They scare me to death. They are angry, evil, sadistic little death traps that are all out to get me. I have never killed one. I can't get that close. I go into a panic attack- which, by the way, is not very fun during class. It's actually quite embarrassing.

13. My favorite color is purple.

14. I like shooting guns, riding 4-wheelers, and other boy-like activities. I guess that would make sense since I grew up with two older brothers. I adore girly things, but I also enjoy masculine activities.

15. I don't have a temper. I think they are only destructive and create negative feelings. They always make situations worse. I'd much rather sit down and talk it out.

16. My favorite animal is a llama. And I really want one someday. I already named him. He is Carl. And I want a cat that I can name Garbage, like the cat from The Office. I love animals in general, but I can pass on dogs... cats are cleaner. And generally take care of themselves.

17. I love to sew. I've been sewing since I was in 8th grade. I've made my own Halloween costumes every year since I was 15, and was the costumer for a show in high school. I did 13 costumes for the one show, and I had a blast!

18. I'm a drama queen. Not in that kind of way :) I can't even name all the shows in which I have performed.

19. I am really easy going, and probably too accommodating sometimes. I put others first. Sometimes it's dangerous to do that because I ignore myself, and my mom says I let people walk on me, but it makes me happy. I feel like it's what I'm here on this earth to do.

20. I'm generally a quiet person. I have my loud moments, but most of the time, I'm comfortable just keeping to myself. I don't like talking about myself too much. Granted, I do like talking about myself sometimes (like right now? Although this was mostly done out of boredom). But if I feel like I'm doing all of the talking, I feel like I'm being boring or selfish. I like listening and making others feel like I care about them. I would always do anything for anyone.

21. I don't like the cold much. I would prefer to live somewhere warm. Of course, I might not be able to control that, seeing as I will live where my husband can find work ( I can most likely find a job anywhere, but that might not be the case for him). But if I had a choice, I would choose a more temperate climate.

22. I like hats. My grandma has said for years that I would make a good hat model. I just don't own many hats.

23. I'm an extremely hopeless romantic. I love cheesy things, and like a gentleman. Manners speak more than one thinks. They show kindness, selflessness, and respect. I like living in a fairy tale. I've actually been compared to Giselle from "Enchanted" more times than I can count. I'm just glad a handsome, wonderful Prince Charming found me! (That's where the "aw"s come in)

24. I love looking out at city lights at night. They are absolutely breath-taking, and a very good place to have a private, intimate conversation, or to just stare out and ponder. I just love looking at beautiful things in general. I really try to appreciate the beauty of the world.

25. I have a testimony of Heavenly Father, and his son, Jesus Christ. I love going to church, and having that testimony strengthened by praying and reading the scriptures. I love how blessed I have been, especially recently. And I know He loves everyone, no matter what.

No comments: