Wednesday, February 18, 2009

cravings

I have TOTALLY been craving doughnuts lately!!! It's crazy. It all started with Amanda getting one for me the other day. Then after I ate that one, I wanted more. I swear Sugar and Spice injects addictive substances into their baked goods.

So, after that, I bought some more... like, 5 more... I didn't eat the last one, promise. I gave it to John. But I did end up eating more than I ever have wanted or will want myself to eat again. And every day after then, I've walked by that cursed doughnut shop and been tempted to get some more. Maybe today will be the day...

Oh, and our Boise trip... SO much fun! I'll just say, they love me, and I love them! I wish I could've stayed longer! They were all so nice and generous. I felt really welcome all weekend. We had so much fun! And had wonderful food. His family is amazing.

And... I wish there was more free time in a day. I'm reading three books at once. Something I hate doing! It's too distracting! I'm in the middle of The Catcher in the Rye (still... although I've read it I-don't-know-how-many-times before), I'm a little over half-way in 1984 (which I love love love) and I'm currently enveloped in Ender's Game. How was I not introduced to these brilliant works of magnificence before?? They are incredible. I can't wait to read more of the series!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! I'm glad you're enjoying Ender's Game! And I've always wanted to read 1984... how far are you in it? Is it that good?

Brian said...

I agree, Sugar and Spice does have some pretty addictive doughnuts. Old-fashioned = heaven.

Rachel Ann said...

Ender's Game is one of my FAVORITES!!!! Just like you!!!

johnyjep said...

Huzzah!