Friday, February 13, 2009

adventures begin

I'm so excited! I can't wait to get out of Provo and head over to Boise! John and I are going to visit his parents this weekend over the holiday. First, on Saturday, John and the rest of Men's Chorus have the honor of attending a master class with the King Singers in Salt Lake. I'm excited for them. This is an amazing opportunity. Then, right when the class is over, we're driving to Idaho!

I've only been to Idaho once, and it was up in Coeur d'Alene for like 2 hours to go swimming in the lake. So this will be the first time I've ever seen the rest of the state. I've heard it's just like Nevada... all desert. But I'm still excited anyway!

I can't wait to meet the rest of John's family. I met his brother a few weekends ago when he came here to visit. He was a funny, sweet boy. And I'm sure the rest of the family is just the same way. But I will admit, though, I'm still really nervous- like, super nervous! But I suppose that's normal. I'll just have to go and just be me... easier said than done! When I get nervous I get kind of shy and quiet. But they must be wonderful people. They would have to be in order to raise a wonderful gentleman like John. I can't wait to see!

A few days after the Boise trip John and I are flying to Reno and driving down to Gardnerville to see my family. I can't wait to see them again! I know it was just Christmas when I saw them last, but I've been saving a hug for my mom and dad for a while. So we're flying out devilishly early (okay, 7 am, but we'll have to get up really early), and arriving Saturday at 10. Then we'll have all day Saturday and Sunday, then fly back super super early again on Monday so we can attend some of our Monday classes.

I don't know if John is nervous to go to Nevada or not, but he shouldn't be. I can already tell he fits in no problem. My dad already met him when he came up a little bit ago and really likes him. And my mom, who's heard endless stories, already loves him, too. The hardest customer, though, is Grandpa! Once on the phone, he jokingly told John, "I love my little Allie more than anything. And if anything happens to her, I wouldn't mind going back to prison." Oh, Grandpa. He's such a jokester. John thought that was really funny, and actually got a conversation started with him after that. I have total faith in him and know that he'll have my whole family wooed in a matter of minutes!

Well, I have a lot of preparations to do today! Laundry, packing... I better get to it!

I can't wait!!!


Quotes of the Day:

Me: "I think I hit the car behind me. But that's okay. It's what my driving instructor taught me to do."

and

Amanda: "I though the TA was going to come over to tell us to stop cheating."
Me: "We weren't cheating. We were drawing snakes."
Amanda: "If I was going to cheat from anyone it would be Spencer. I wouldn't want to cheat off of you."

and

Amanda: "They said, *in creepy voice* 'Come to the fireside and bring a date!' I don't know why that was in a scary voice, but it was."

and

Geography Professor Dude: "What is the first thing you think of when you hear 'Africa'?"
Me: "Naked black people?"
Amanda: "I was going to say diseased naked black people. No, there are white people in South Africa."

and

Me: "Maybe I shouldn't post that quote. I don't want people to think I'm racist."
Amanda: "How is that racist?"
Me: "I said the word 'black people'."
Amanda: "That's what they are."
Me: "Oh."

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I hope the weekend went really well!! I want updates :)

Amber Nicole said...

How did the weekend go? Do you like his family?