Saturday, June 6, 2009

two weeks

Two more weeks! :D

We found summer housing! John and I will be living on 700 N and 6-something W during the summer. We are so excited! It was a good price with all utilities included, and it's a good size. I'm so happy we'll be able to stay. I mean, I appreciate the parents agreeing to let us switch back and forth with them during the summer, but I am very happy to have a place that John and I can be a happy newly married couple together in our first home.

Ricky is doing well. He shed his skin this week for the first time! (I know this sounds like gross and annoying proud "pet parent" moment. One I swore I would never have. Man, I sound like an old lady.) But he ate it... he's been eating a lot of crickets. More than I expected. So I'm having to buy more. But they're only a few cents a piece, so it's not like I'm breaking the bank or anything. He's a growing boy!

Good Samaritans still exist. John and I drove to Idaho last weekend for Jake's graduation and endowments. It was later, around 10:30 PM, when I was doing my leg of the trip. My contacts were still in, and they were bothering my eyes. So, I pulled off the freeway at one of the exits so I could take them out and put my glasses on.

Have you seen cheesy, teen horror movies? This scene looked like one from them. There was absolutely nothing there. I don't know to where the exit was leading, but it wasn't anywhere close. I pulled over on a deserted farm road and popped the trunk. Then, a guy in a truck drove by, stopped, backed up and shone his headlights on us. I was a little scared, but not too much, since John was there with me. Then he asked if we needed any help, because everything was shut down for miles around, and he thought we were having car trouble. I thought he was wonderful for stopping to ask. You don't see that much anymore. I would've been incredibly grateful for his help if we really were having car trouble.

Well, I'm taking John on a date tonight! It's a surprise date, so I'll let you know how it goes later :)

Ciao.


Quotes of the Day:

Cody: "If you didn't just feel that swooping feeling come through the room, you need to take your spirit to Jiffy Lube for a tune up."

and

Professor Gordon-Smith: "Poetry is fun. But plays are... fun... too..."

and

Girl in Class: "My family takes the Freudian slip as a joke. A lot of people do. But I think a lot of people take it very seriously."
Professor Gordon-Smith: "Freud is probably the only one."

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That's really close to where I live! It's my favorite area of campus. I'm glad you found somewhere, it will be so nice to have your own place when you're married, I'm sure.

Crystal said...

hey- I was reading your last post- if yal are looking for summer housing still- I have openings at Union Square and Roberta Linn apartments. They're fully furnished. If you need something- I have stuff available. Just a thought! The contract goes until August 31st. Don't feel like you have to contact me about it or whatever, just figured I'd throw it out :-)

Crystal said...

er scratch that... i didn't fully read this post correctly- I at first thought you said you found housing.. and i immediately thought you meant for the fall. Anyways... well... if you know anyone looking for housing, send them my way :-)

-Sydney- said...

Umm, lizards eating their own skin is gross.

Anonymous said...

I think that Ricky eating his own skin is very neat and tidy of him. Rabbits eat their own poop. I wish my cats did that. I could feed them less cat food.