Thursday, June 11, 2009

chocolate covered english

I loved Othello! Mostly, I loved the character Iago. He was soooo evil. Like Satan evil. Sneaky, lying, deceiving, and secretive. A guy one loves to hate.

I want to finish my homework (who knows how long this is going to take...) and then put on a Disney movie and fall asleep on the couch watching it. My motivation is that this is the last homework assignment for my English class besides the final paper.

I am completely addicted to chocolate covered Jordan almonds. Mmm... I'm eating some now... but they're almost gone! I need to make a trip to the candy counter in the bookstore!

Quotes of the Day:

Me: "If Skittles taste like rainbows then rainbows must taste like crap."

and quotes from my English class's discussion about Othello (which then went off topic to talk about Romeo and Juliet). I don't know if you all think that these are funny. I thought they were hilarious. Maybe you have to be there, maybe you have to be an English student to appreciate them. But if you can't tell, Professor Gordon-Smith likes to make fun of us. A lot.

Student One: "It was Desdemona's fault!"
Professor: "She deserves to die!! The pillow is a symbol of vindication!!"

and

Professor: "He says she deserves to die and all the women's hands go up!"

and

Student Two: "The tragedy comes because they were young and impulsive and ruined each others' lives. Not very tragic for emo kids."

and

Student Three: "They weren't in love! Sure, they liked each other, but they weren't in love! They were 14!"
Professor: "So one of the most respected love stories means nothing...? No, I don't like it, either. I don't know why you would."

No comments: