:D :D :D :D
John proposed today when we went to the Draper temple open house. We were walking through, admiring the beautiful rooms, and then we got to the Sealing room. That was the last stop of the tour, so we sat down and one of the Hosts there spoke to us for a few minutes about the temple and what happens in a sealing room. Then, when he was finished, he invited us to take our time leaving. There are two mirrors exactly on opposite walls (a symbolism for eternity, since the images in the mirrors reflect back on each other and never end), and I wanted to look in them. So John and I hung back for the group to filter out a bit.
Then he told me that he had to ask the Host a question. So I sat there while he whispered something to him. I didn't know at the time, but he asked, "Could we have a moment alone? I'm going to propose." So the guy smiled and motioned for his wife to follow him out. Then, we were alone in the room.
We were standing there, looking in the eternity mirrors when I said, "How amazing is it that next time we will be in this room, looking in these mirrors, we will be getting married?" To that, John replied, "Well, we have a few things to take care of first. Like a proposal." Then, he turned to me and got down on one knee to ask me to marry him. We were both crying by this point, and I was trying to hug him, and he was trying to put the ring on. We finally coordinated and got the ring on and had a huge hug. I think I sputtered out many things during the slight confusion, but I couldn't remember if I had actually said "Yes" or not. So I repeated it to him about 10 times in between kisses and tears.
When we came out, the Host's wife came up to me and gave me a big "Congratulations, Honey!" and a huge hug. Many women around were also sighing and "aw-ing."
Not many girls can say that they were proposed to inside a temple, in and actual sealing room!
I was so surprised. John had been playing a game with me for a few weeks and actually had me firmly believing that he was going to propose sometime next weekend during Dancesport and while my mom was going to be here. So I had no idea!
It was a perfect day, and a perfect proposal.
I love you, my dearest. And I am so excited to be your wife!

7 comments:
Congratulations my dear.
Allie I am so so so so happy for you.
You deserve only joy and bliss.
And he is giving you more.
I don't really have words to tell you all I feel right now.
But I love you.
woohoo! that's cute!
What a perfect, wonderful moment! How romantic!
YAY! now it's official. I hate the "almost engaged" stage. it's very stressful for me.
why is it stressful for YOU?
Congratulations! I heard through the grapevine that this was probably coming :) Looks like it will be a summer of weddings for your family!
Ahhh, congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!!
Post a Comment