Wednesday, March 18, 2009

post-dancesport

Dancesport is over. WHEW! I didn't do as well as I had really wished... but I did okay. In the tango I made it to the second round, the round right before quarterfinals. Then for the waltz. Trevor and I got all the way up to semifinals, and got cut right before the last round! It killed me. It really did. As much as I tried to hide it. Especially since the finals are supposed to be 6 couples, and they only picked 5. This isn't the first time it's happened, either. It's the worst time to get cut. And the same thing happened to me twice. In a row (reminiscing about last semester's triple swing). Trevor looked up our results that afternoon and discovered that we tied with two other couples for the last spot in the final round. So at least I can say I tied for sixth... that sounds pretty decent. It was still fun to have my mom here to watch. And I'm so glad that John got to watch me dance! He loved it, and it made me feel so special to have him watch me and see his face light up after I would dance. That made it all worth it.

And I loved watching John dance! I really and truly did hit the jackpot with this one. I've said for years that I would only marry a guy who could dance. And people laughed at me. And many said, "When you find him and he doesn't dance, you'll change your mind."

"Nope," I would reply. "He will dance." And he does. Beautifully. I love dancing with him. Now just imagine... if he danced with me AND sang to me at the same time. I don't know what I would do with myself... probably forget my name... put on my huge, crooked grin and giggle uncontrollably and then try to pinch myself to wake up... and stare at him and wonder if he really is real... I imagine something like that.

Ah hem, out of dream world... So John and his beautiful dance partner, Hannah, made it right before quarterfinals with quickstep! I was very proud of them! They were in the top 41, and there were easily over 100 couples to begin with!

In other news, I picked out my wedding dress! I got one that I had tried on the first time I went to Allyse's. It's gorgeous! I can't wait to wear it! I just have to go back and pay for it, have it fitted, etc. But I have to find the shoes first. That's been the hardest part. Especially since my dress isn't pure white. It's a "diamond white," which is just fancy talk for a lighter cream color.

John got his tux! He looks soooooo... I can't even tell you. He could compete with all the James Bonds- Pierce Brosnin, Sean Connery, Roger Moore, and Daniel Craig- and win without a doubt. He picked a stunning purple paisley vest and a plum tie to match. I absolutely love it!

One night while my mom was here, we went to John's Men's Chorus concert. It was amazing, as always. I love listening to those boys. And I especially love watching John sing. My mom was extremely impressed by all of their songs and loved it all.
And now I'm just back to school, getting through a pretty easy week, and trying to get over my post-Dancesport cold (it happens after every competition). I just found out that John and I need to pick out wedding announcements and order them like um, this weekend. And that we're going to need about 400. Yikes. I refuse to get any with bows, or little foldy thingies that you have to do yourself. I am not tieing 400 little bows. I want to stuff them in envelopes and move on.

And since we need to order them and get them to the printer, we also have to go register. I'm actually very, very excited for that part! But that also means we have to decide what colors and style we want to decorate in. You know, for towels, the bedspread, dishes... that shouldn't be hard at all since John and I have almost identical taste. We are going to have a very easy domestic life.

Goodness, I'm going to be busy, busy, busy!




Quotes of the Day:

Me: "If this is some kind of object lesson I think we get the point."
Amanda: "The object is that if you come to class every day, you're going to waste your time."

and

John: "He's got Wii on his shirt."

and

John: "He's my favorite fairy.. Fairy boy! Oh wait... he's an elf."

1 comment:

-Sydney- said...

If you're getting announcements printed I assume you've also picked a date?? When and where? I don't want to wait for a piece of paper to tell me :)