John and I have made AMAZING progress this weekend! Everything has just easily fell into place, and been surprisingly and pleasantly better than we expected!!!
We went and registered for some of our gifts at Macy's. We mostly went there because we loved their fine china. We're going to register for most of our things with Bed, Bath & Beyond. Anyway, we got a free bag for registering, and found out about a website where we can create our own wedding website, and have pictures, information, and a link where guests can RSVP. Hooray!!!!! We really didn't want to have to deal with cards that guests have to mail to RSVP. This will be easier for everyone, and cheaper for us :)
So we went around and looked at stuff, and decided on our bedroom colors. As it turns out, we both had separately thought to ourselves that we really like navy blue and brown. So when I asked John what he was thinking and he said that, I just had to laugh and agree that was perfect. The lady who was helping us said, "Wow. You're going to have the easiest time agreeing on things." We know. We're lucky :)
When we got to the china, we narrowed it down to two choices, then unanimously agreed on one. (Which was my favorite from the start!) The 8 place setting set was normally $300 or so, but that day it was on sale for $170. It was too good of a deal to pass up. So I used Grandma's wedding gift money to buy it. So we got our first gift! When we took it up to the register, we got an additional 20%, so it as actually $150. We were so excited and amazed!
You can see our china set here.
We then went looking for invitations. I have to admit I was not excited about this part. We need about 400, and the average cost total is about $2 per invitation. Oh, great. So we walked through the mall and ran into this little kiosk with invitations. Then, we found the perfect ones. They are silver with a white swirl design across the front. Then, you open two flaps to the center where we decided to make the print purple! We talked with the guy, and are getting a discount for ordering such a large order. So we're getting all the invitations, envelopes, and print included for only 90 cents a piece. And he can have them all done the day we order them. We were really happy!
And it keeps getting better.
I went with Amanda to pay off my dress and have my first fitting today. First, my dress was on sale for much less than I anticipated paying, and only needed a hem alteration. It's beautiful. I didn't want to take it off.
Before I went to have my dress fitted I had to find my shoes. Now, you may think I'm a little crazy, but I am SUPER excited about this! I am wearing dark purple heels under my dress! I wanted to be a little surprising and have fun. Amanda and I drove around to a bunch of shoe places, and finally ended up at Burlington Coat Factory where I found the perfect shoes: dark purple color exactly the right color, with not too high of heels, closed toe, and really comfortable. For $15. I am pretty sure I started jumping up and down and squealing when I found them.
Lastly, I went to go order John's wedding band today. The only bad thing is that his size is 7 3/4, and his band only comes in half sizes. But other than that, it's gorgeous, looks fabulous, and puts me under my budget!
Needless to say, I am a VERY HAPPY BRIDE! :D I can't wait until all of this comes together on our wedding day!
4 comments:
ya for cheap stuff!!!! -amanda, using your computer
Oh Allie... That is all so so so exciting. I am so happy for you!!!! I love you like crazy.
Dude, that's awesome! I'm so glad that you're so happy. I know the dude who did your invitations. A La Card, right? He was the teacher of one of my block classes this semester. It's such a great idea...
And I think the shoes are going to look awesome. Yay for things working out better than expected!
Exciting! I went to your wedding website. Pretty awesome! I'm excited for you guys!
Post a Comment