I went to the zoo! It was so much fun! Ty, Rachel, Rachel, and I went yesterday afternoon. First, we had lunch at TGI Fridays. That was a lot of fun. I got fish and chips. For some reason I've been craving fish lately. Actually I've been craving it ever since I went fishing. But we didn't catch anything. I don't think any fish live in Provo River. But it was fun all the same.
Oh yeah so after lunch we got to Hogle Zoo! It's a little past Salt Lake. We went inside, and who did I run into? My cousins Rachel and Collin, and their daughter Becca! I was so excited! I hadn't seen Rachel and Becca for almost two years! After I visited for a few minutes, we went and saw a white alligator, lots of monkeys, penguins, elephants, rhinos, llamas, giraffes, snakes, lemurs, birds, porcupines, gorillas, meerkats, and pretty much any animal you can think of. I love seeing the big cats probably the most. They are so fuzzy and cuddly. It made me miss my kitties at home. When we saw the cougar I started singing the BYU fight song. It was pretty cool. After a few hours and lots of pictures later, we went and got ice cream. It was really hot, so the ice cream was really refreshing. Yay for Coldstone and cheesecake oreo milkshakes!
So on Friday afternoon, Tylor and I biked up to Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon. It was beautiful! And a really fun bike ride up there. We left from Wyview and rode up there. It looks like a far way, but it was only 12 or 13 miles total. We took a blanket and books up there and read under a tree. It was a perfect day and the best weather I've seen in 7 months. It was nice to get outside and do something in the fresh air! We going to Moab with Rachel, Rachel Jane, Alyssa, Heather, and Curtis next weekend to see Arches. I can't wait! We're staying with Rachel's aunt and uncle and hiking around next Saturday. I've heard about the Arch and seen pictures, so I can't wait to see it in person!
Pictures of the zoo, fishing, and biking to Bridal Veil Falls:
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/magicalmuggle16/BYU/
Quotes of the Day:
Rachel Jane: "Yay! We got non-water and water"
and
Ty: "Red Butt Cafe?"
Rachel: "Butte!"
and
Ty: "Honey, come sit down. The Asians are looking at you funny."
1 comment:
yay for weekends...
they are my very favorite...
and yay for allison...
she is my very favorite...
Post a Comment