So I've had a pretty bad day. Most of it is just me being unlucky. Some of it is just me.
First is just a general sadness. Tylor is leaving to go home in about 11 days. His track season is over, and since he's not taking classes, he's going home. I don't know when or if I'll see him again. It's a complicated issue... preparing for a mission and all that.
Second, I'm sore and I'm tired. I dance a lot. In ways that I've never had to move before. I usually don't move my hips a thousand miles a minute and thrust them over as far as I can.
Third, I just looked awful today. For some reason I felt it was a good idea to stay in bed an extra 10 minutes this morning instead of doing my hair. And when I look bad, I think about it all day and am self conscious.
Fourth, I started heading for the bus this afternoon to go to my child development class, and when I got to the bus stop, I went to get my pass out and realized that I had left my wallet on my dresser at home. I ran home to get it and missed the bus.
Fifth, it's been raining a lot the last two days, and it's really wet. Therefore, my shoes get wet. I was climbing down a flight of stairs to go to class today and slipped and fell on them hard and continued to tumble down them.
Sixth, after this epic battle of an afternoon I reached my class. I started getting my materials out and realized that I had left my iclicker at home... right next to where my wallet was. I couldn't answer any of the questions during class.
Seventh, after class I went outside and started to walk home. I got out my iPod and started listening to some music. I put it on random and the song "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles started playing. At this point, the sun had come out and I thought, What a coincidence. Maybe it'll cheer me up to listen to this song. It's happy. And right at that moment, my iPod shut off because the battery died.
Eighth, I've been out of milk for two days and keep forgetting to buy it.
However, I'm still pretty okay because I realized that everything has worked out in the end.
Tylor will leave, but my best girlfriends will always be here.
I will eventually build up the muscle so I can dance like that. It'll just take time.
Ty still told me that I was beautiful today. And he meant it.
I may have missed the bus, but I have an amazing boyfriend who was happy to drive me to class. And miraculously, I wasn't late.
I got to sit through a two and a half hour class, so I was off my legs long enough to let them feel better before I had to walk again. I'll probably still get stair-shaped bruises on them, but at least I can walk.
Since I forgot my iclicker, my teacher let me write on a piece of paper and turn that in so I got credit for doing the reading anyway. He's awesome.
My iPod is charging as I'm typing. And I listened to the song when I got home anyway.
I'm going to go get milk right now.
Goodbye :)
2 comments:
right on allie... that is the way to live life...
finding the best in everything...
and i am so glad you mentioned that you have friends who aren't going anywhere... because you are right... i am always here no matter what...
i love you so much...
sending you sunshine...
If I was there I would bake you cookies, put on your favorite movie, and give you a blankie. Sorry it was a rough one, Little Honey.
Post a Comment