I know that it's been quite a while since I've written. To make life easier, I think I'll number things that have happened.
1) I love my classes. My dance classes are way fun, and I'm getting the dances. We're working on the rumba in my Latin class, and the waltz in my standard class. I can't wait until I get my first paycheck so I can go get standard pumps! My child development class is way awesome, too. Very interesting, and I've already learned most of the stuff in my psych class from last fall. So now I can just add new info to my existing knowledge.
2) I love my job. I get to see lots of people, and have a lot to do, which is good. My last job I sat in the same room doing the same thing every day and it drove me absolutely crazy. I like having a lot of different things to do and being able to greet people, and smile, and serve them. Even if it is just their dinner.
3) I love my friends. Last Saturday night Tylor, Rachel, Rachel Jane, Heather, Alyssa, and I went to the mall and then the grocery store. We had a lot of fun! Alyssa is putting together a portfolio to apply for the art program so she was taking tons of pictures of us the whole time. She's going to pick 5 of her favorites and paint them. I hope she picks one of me. That would be really fun to see a real painting of me!
4) I met my roommate. She's pretty awesome! I don't really see her much, though. Our schedules are almost opposite so I don't see her much. And I'm hardly ever home.
5) I just found out that there's a competition in Vegas in August for ballroom. It's the Nevada Star Ball. I really really really really really really want to go compete! I could do amateur standard waltz and amateur Latin rumba, what I'm learning now. But I don't think I'm going to be able to go. First, I'd need a partner (even though Ty volunteered to take a road trip to do it. But we wouldn't have time to practice.) Second, I'd either have to fly or drive down to Vegas. Ew. It would only be a Thursday and Friday, but that would be a lot. Especially since I'm sure my dad would want to come. Or my mom. I think I'll probably have to stick to the BYU competitions. Sad. Especially since I think I'd have a pretty good shot at getting far in the competition.
6) I love spring semester.
3 comments:
7. I love Allie.
oh... i miss you! unfortunately, i'm not having such a great time here... but it's only four months!
Darn straight I'd got to Vegas with you to see you compete. It's not really practical, however.
Glad you are having a good Spring.
Post a Comment